Need some info.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Welcome to TNET Vern! If you do a search in this forum, you will find lots of discussion and information on the topic. There is also the general Metal Detecting forum with the Brands sub-forum where there is lots of information on both detectors. Happy Hunting!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well while it is great to support our country (And he will do so in part buying from KellyCo) I am sure that he wants to know which is the best gold finding machine out of the two and probably which has the easiest learning curve and most options.

I feel that the Nokta FORS Gold is the best nugget finding VLF detector on the market.
Now this isn't to say that the GB2 is a bad machine, its a stupendous machine, I just feel that the FORS Gold is that much better.

In this case between the GB2 and the FORS Gold, you can pick and choose what you want to dig for with the FORS Gold simply by looking at the VDI readout.
This is but one of MANY great options that the GB2 lacks. The FORS Gold simply has more advanced technology than the 20 year old GB2.

2 year warranty, great customer service, supported and sold through KellyoCo and absolute awesome build quality.

I should mention that my experience of ownership and operation includes the Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro and the Nokta FORS Gold.

I wont hide the fact that I haven't found any gold yet, but I have found more bullets and deeper targets with the FORS Gold and had a much quicker learning curve.
Lead Bullets are a detectorists fools gold, they show up on the readout pretty much the same as gold.

So if you equate bullets to gold, I have dug thousands of targets between these machines.

Right now KellyCo has a sale on the FORS Gold machines, I would really recommend picking up the Pro Package as it has 2 additional coils, headphones, a carry case/backpack and lots of other great add ins.

Whichever you choose, you will have a great time. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machines are only as good as the man behind them and their experiences of finding gold nuggets. Some folks like all the bells,buzzers and whistles whilst some folks want a no frills machine for a specific purpose only. Apples/oranges really. Borrow,rent or tag along with a user as one mans pleasure is yet anothers' nightmare so hands on is mandatory-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread