NEL Big Coil Order Problem Direct from Russia?

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered an NEL big coil from the Ukraine. They gave me a tracking number that will not work.

After contacting them about the problem, I got a reply in Russian. I translated it and it basically said I had sent them a message on the 24th. I sent this about about 3am last night.

So, I send this Russian, that was replying to me in Russian, a message translated from English to Russian.

All I got back was the repeat of what I was asking. .....a copy and paste return message.

I basically asked if they gave me the wrong tracking number & told them the tracking number came up as an error on the system I was putting it in from their link to the site.

Has anyone else had this problem with NEL if you don't buy through EBay?

I tried to get them to post a listing on EBay to get the buyer's protection but I got a retort saying that they were at their limit on Ebay postings. As far as I know, you can put a million items on EBay if you want.....I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, they said they would sell the coil directly from their site. So, I felt I had no choice but to order outside of the EBay system. The coil was cheaper anyway by buying it directly from their site.

So, from what I have said, does anyone think I might be having problems with this Russian NEL dealer?
dontknow.gif

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
That's why I only deal with Whites. Made in USA by Americans.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOMETIMES IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE TRACKING INFO TO SHOW UP oops sorry bout the caps anyway im assuming since its coming from overseas it might take a lil longer ive bought stuff off of ebay from china and the tracking numbers they gave me never worked the whole time so hopefully that helps

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SOMETIMES IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE TRACKING INFO TO SHOW UP oops sorry bout the caps anyway im assuming since its coming from overseas it might take a lil longer ive bought stuff off of ebay from china and the tracking numbers they gave me never worked the whole time so hopefully that helps

That makes sense. I just couldn't believe that they replied to me in Russian.

This will be a test I guess.

If I get the big coil, all is good and I will say something about that......& vice versa.

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unfortunately, the USA does not make a 15X17 inch butterfly coil for my detector.

I will get a 12X13 from them if I get this one OK.

But, I may just get the AT Gold and go from there.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes sense. I just couldn't believe that they replied to me in Russian.

This will be a test I guess.

If I get the big coil, all is good and I will say something about that......& vice versa.

im also curious about getting one keep us updated what machine is it for?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got my nel big 15x17 from ebay was at my house in 3 days...wish i had saved the money though i barely ever use it because the 40-50% added depth claim is 1 big lie and it doesnt pick through the trash as well as they claimed it was even worse then the stock dd coil...going to be taking a big hit on the price when i put the ace and coils up for sale

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i got my nel big 15x17 from ebay was at my house in 3 days...wish i had saved the money though i barely ever use it because the 40-50% added depth claim is 1 big lie and it doesnt pick through the trash as well as they claimed it was even worse then the stock dd coil...going to be taking a big hit on the price when i put the ace and coils up for sale

Yea that is what I am reading from EBay replies from customers. They have got the customer and seller data all together so it is hard to find.

I only got this for Relic, woods, and beach uses. I have a fisher F4. A buddy of mine let me use his ace but I couldn't stand the ding ding noise over every piece of iron that our soil here in Ga. has. It was different from my Sovereign that I sold to get this Fisher. My Sovereign would pick up a quarter at least 12 inches+.

The sovereign is crappy on gold. The same thing seems to be true for the E-Trac from people that I know that have them. Maybe the newer Sovereigns are better but I have read about the same complaints that I had with the Sovereign of mine on gold. I had a 12 inch Sun coil on that thing. The stock coil and the sun coil ....both....would barely go off on gold. I could put my wedding ring under it and it was picking it up in the air at about three inches tops with both coils, no matter what the settings were.

I got the Fisher F4 just to keep from having to buy a more expensive detector at Xmas. It was a lateral purchase from what I made on the Sovereign. I got a George Lesh hand trowel with it for free. Love that thing.

Sorry you had the problem with the Ace 250. I realize that the depth may be a bit better but not what they claim. I just need the extra distance of a few inches to get through the leaves and pine straw in civil war battleground woods.

I will tell anybody if it helps with the depth on a beach. I am going down to the panhandle after the Hurricane.

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fisher F4. is the machine it is for. They had one for the Ace 250 on Ebay but not for the F4.

This is the question that I submitted to NEL.>
Achubakha,

How long does it take for this tracking number to show up in the system?

All I get is "ERROR" You have entered incorrect postal item identifier! ......when I check this tracking on my coil.

Is this normal?

Steven

The reply>
Вы писали 24 августа 2012 г., 9:53:34:

Then I sent them the Russian version of my question.>

Кажется, что номер отслеживания заказа не появляется в системе. Я был заинтересован, потому что есть сообщение об ошибке, говоря, что это является неправильным номером отслеживания заказа.

Я только пробовал проследить мою катушку с информацией, что Вы, если, но это не появляется в системе.

Может быть, что я имею неправильный номер отслеживания заказа?

Стивен

I am just not used to being treated this way as a customer buying from any site. I paid by PayPal. That is the only thing that will save me if this transaction goes bad.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine for the ace 350 for doing some beach hunts ..the bad part was the nel worked much better in dry soil once i took it to wet sand it went crazy i had to back the sens way off

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got mine for the ace 350 for doing some beach hunts ..the bad part was the nel worked much better in dry soil once i took it to wet sand it went crazy i had to back the sens way off

The 350 is the same as the 250 from what my friend said. I am only repeating what he said.

Sorry you had a bad time with it. I have found that my F4 met my standards for being about the same, depth wise, as the Ace but I have found that I can go to all metal or discriminate, back and forth, very easily and not lose dept. I can also ground balance manually. I think this helps the depth.

The AT pro is the best mid price range detector out there I feel. I am going for the Gold At Pro as I said earlier. Water proof to ten feet....wow, what a great unit.

MY hunting buddy and I were feeling like we had toys when we went to the civ sites. His AT was really doing well there and mine needed one or two inches I thought. This is why I bought it. I can discriminate iron and get good to great dept with sensitivity turned down one or two notches. I always turn it down one of the four settings.

This is my last attempt to make this f4 detector better than the sovereign that it replaced.

OP
OP
aurumdigga

aurumdigga

Oct 1, 2011
Cumming, Ga.
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.. I am like ..ticm ... i only deal with us made detectors and dealers... You should try it...

Minelab is Aussie technology.

So while as an American, I buy as much made in USA stuff I can, I am also science minded......and metal detectors are science devices. The Soviets/Russians are known for their innovation that the USA steals. German & Austrian scientists are so far ahead of western technology in so many fields that the USA would not be what it is today with out defections during WW2 to get away from Hitler.

While buying USA is a big deal to most Americans, you have to recognize innovation when you see it. My issue is that NEL would not sell me a big coil for my detector unless I bought it through their site instead of EBay. I got it cheaper by buying it direct. The lower price was a selling plus because I didn't want to sink any more money into this detector than this one coil. I could have gotten the 12x13 and gotten it through EBay. I chose to get the biggest coil and wait longer for it.

It is too humid here in the South right now.....and too dang hot to metal detect. I would rather wear long johns, waders, or 6 mil dive socks with boots to hunt in cold streams.

The whole point to this thread is to establish if you can actually buy direct from NEL to save money and get the product.

If NEL doesn't send me my coil in the time frame given to me, and if I send a question about the shipment and they answer me with BS in Russian, I will start a PayPal fight to get my money back about the delay. This means that NEL will not have PayPal on EBay.....maybe. That is up to PayPal. NEL will be cutting their own throats by not delivering promptly in the 2 week time frame they said it would be delivered in.

Plus, I will post about this on several Detecting forums that I am a member of.

I just hope I get the dang thing and it gives me two inches more. That is all I am trying to get out of the deal....... Two inches.....and a wider covering range in woods for Civ sites and on beaches for jewelry. I could care less about clad. I am a prospector & relic hunter, not a coin collector.

Last edited:

Utah

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2010
Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, did you get your coil, and your 2 inches?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread