Nel Coil for the Garrett AT Pro

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Photo on 2-19-14 at 5.58 PM.jpg Photo on 2-19-14 at 5.56 PM.jpg Since I haven't got any real good reviews or answers how good the Nell Coils are for the AT Pro I decided to post my own. I did a lot of research and couldn't find much out about them so I decided to risk it. I bought the Storm 13" x 14". I was afraid it wasn't going t be stable or sensitive enough. Well today I found a copper BB with it 3" down. I have been running the 9" x 11" standard coil and have been hitting an really old park and finding a lot of early 1900 pennies and dimes down around 7" to 8" inches. Well to day I went over some of the areas I covered before and found 3 more wheats 1939, 1929, and a 1917 all in great shape down around 7" to 9" inches the difference was they were all solid hits numbers and tones on the Nel. I also had a solid 10"ply hit and turned out to be a 1914 Barber Quarter in VG to Fine condition. The Nel is bigger and covers a lot more area. I feel you do a more thorough job with it. I bought mine through an American dealer in New Jersey and feel they will handle the warranty on it. Any one else have one would like to here about your success. Thanks happy hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah also found sterling silver ring with about a 2 carrot pink stone in it at 9 inches

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are having riots in their country of The Ukraine right now,don`t know how close the NEL factory is to the capital .
Gary

Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just purchased the Nel tornado for my AT Pro. I will be using it at the beach. I should have it in a few days and I will do a follow-up to let everyone know how it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions