What do you do with your taint????

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Every time that I went hunting this past year, I dumped my pouch out on a work bench in my barn, before I would go. My treasures I would clean and put away each time I got home. A few weeks ago I decided to go thru my pile.. The pile would have filled a washtub. I had a coffee can full of lead, sinkers, wheel weights, ect, that I will melt for bullets, lures, and soldiers. I had a drywall bucket full of aluminum, cans, slaw, tv antenae that ill take for scrap. A half of bucket full of iron, farm parts, broken shoes, ect, that I will scrap. I had a bucket full of junk, like foil, cream tubes, clinkers, ect, that I will toss in the garbage.

And then I had this stuff.....Its not the good and its not the bad, its that area between the jewels and the crap. I guess it would be my taint !!!

tmp_photo-19-1610513400.JPG

There is hotwheels(who hasn't found a General Lee?), ammo, harmonica reeds,spoons,pocket knives and watches, keys, locks, all kinds of stuff. There is a few keepers in there yet I need to pull out. But what do you do with your taint?????

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
You sure do got some awful good looking taint there mister I almost had to do a double take on the pic of your huge load of taint I imagine you got some good tectin spots wainzoid awesome how many silver ya get last year??

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to take stuff like that and mix a few goodies with it and "seed" a big field on my farm. I then would bring in groups of kids from schools, under privileged kids from the city, etc, and turn them loose with Radio Shack detectors and let them have a treasure hunt. It was all treasure to them. They could keep what they found, but at the end of the hunt, we laid it all out on the table for identification and group discussion, while we served up hamburgers and hot dogs off the grill. I sure do miss those days!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have also seen boxes of "taint" being sold on Fleabay for some pretty substantial prices. It amazes me the stuff people buy!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot if the stuff my mister buys is taint from other relic hunters,usually broken pieces of harmonica reeds, lice combs, old bone handled toothbrushes,melted lead bits here and there. He can put together some pretty amazing Ryker boxes out of these items that sell well.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That looks exactly like my bench! It drives my wife absolutely crazy!

It is a good question. What to do with it all? I have buckets of it.. As much as I used to like the harmonica reeds they sure are a nuisance. ( and durn Copper jacketed bullets and bras shells!!! AAARAGH)

Riker boxes huh coily?

And I just can't make myself call it that.. There has got to be a better name?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recall in my younger years of hunting if you didn't castrate a buck deer it would taint the meat.

OP
OP
wainzoid

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
You sure do got some awful good looking taint there mister I almost had to do a double take on the pic of your huge load of taint I imagine you got some good tectin spots wainzoid awesome how many silver ya get last year??

Thanx gleaner. Yes I got some silver too. I don't like to post my finds or my hunting spots. Too many locals that lurk here. I spend too much time researching and obtaining permission, then find people hunting there a couple days later without permission and leaving messes. So I don't like them to know where I find what.

OP
OP
wainzoid

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
A lot if the stuff my mister buys is taint from other relic hunters,usually broken pieces of harmonica reeds, lice combs, old bone handled toothbrushes,melted lead bits here and there. He can put together some pretty amazing Ryker boxes out of these items that sell well.

I've got the junk, just don't have the artistic talent to arrange it. Maybe I will give it a try!

OP
OP
wainzoid

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
Wow. That looks exactly like my bench! It drives my wife absolutely crazy!

It is a good question. What to do with it all? I have buckets of it.. As much as I used to like the harmonica reeds they sure are a nuisance. ( and durn Copper jacketed bullets and bras shells!!! AAARAGH)

Riker boxes huh coily?

And I just can't make myself call it that.. There has got to be a better name?

tweener? in between

bikermike

Jul 14, 2012
Stillwater, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, 6.5x9 coil, 4.5 sniper coil, 5x8DD coil, Garrett AT Gold, Centec pinpointer, Garrett pro pointer, Ames digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wainzoid,

It all goes in the trash here. I don't hunt enough to even bother scraping.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions