NEL Coils for AT Pro?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have hunter and Tornado for my Bounty Hunter Platinum, Never used them yet. Trying to sell the tornado so i can get one for the ATPro, Im taking the Hunter out tomorrow for a test run at a park. Just hope that the ground is thawed enough to dig. I'll report back tomorrow.

Last edited:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any experience with the NEL but I bought a 5x8 coil and I've found more good finds with it in 6 months than I found in the couple of years before hunting with the At.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an At Pro and the attack coil It does go a few inches deeper than the DD the good thing is it covers a lot of ground and pinpointing is very good I have used in trash ares does well it is great for fields parks cause it covers more space it is not much heavier than the stock coil I love it. You have to ground balance at half sensitivity then turn sensitivity back up. I do that with my stock coil seem to get more depth that way also I think it was a great inverstment waterproof also

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the storm for the at pro and it does a fine job. I use it in more open areas of the places I hunt where the trash is less dense. It has its advantages in those areas. I also use it in areas that I've hunted hard with the stock cool, just to see if there's anything I've missed.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried the NEL Hunter on my Platinum today, BOY! I was picking up a 84+ signal at 9 inches, at a local park. I wanted to dig it so bad, but the ground was frozen!!!! :BangHead: Im thinking about selling my BH Platinum with the Hunter and Tornado coil on ebay then buying a Tornado coil for the AT Pro.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the NEL coils for the AT Pro are great, but most are in short supply at the moment. The Storm in particular is tough right now.... we have a waiting list to fill the orders as the coils arrive. If you want one, you might want to get an order in so that its ready for you when the weather breaks.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coils, Coils, Coils

Yes NEL coils and different size coils help and for the most part the cpl inches you think you gained you really didn't. If you really know your detector you will find the same amount no matter the coil size. The smaller coil means your search area is smaller so you have less influence of nearby trash. I found with smaller coil I dug less trash but didn't find any more keepers.

Metal detecting will suck you in and keep you spending your money. To me I would say the biggest bang for the buck is an AT Pro class metal detector. You can argue brands all day long but in the $600 -$750 range everyone makes one heck of a good detector.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got a brand new STORM coil for my AT Pro, thank you dad!!!
Ive only used it briefly so far because everything is/was so frozen around here!! Ive read a lot and watched a lot of these bigger coils and i believe that it will help me out greatly in big fields and other places where items might be deeper. So, i hope to have great stories to tell in the up and coming weeks!!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I bought the big 15" for my at pro and am not convinced yet that it is actually deeper. I have maybe 10 hours in with it in places I found super deep coins with the stock coil. It does cover a lot of ground all at once and amazingly can still seperate close items.
The dealer I bought it from failed to send me the coil bolt so I used the stock coil bolt and it broke in two.

SoudertonMike

Feb 21, 2016
Souderton,Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently order the 13x14 Storm and the Snake 6.5" x 3.5". I wanted a larger and smaller coil then the stock AT Pro coil. No idea when they will arrive as they are backordered. I can't wait to get them but it might be awhile.

OP
OP
IndianaHunter27

IndianaHunter27

Oct 28, 2015
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input guys!!!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sharp, Snake and Sharpshooter are great forGold, Coins and Jewelry. The Hunter on up is great for Iron/Brass and relics/artifacts, plus good if you hunt caches.

NEL/CORS gives a more specific choice in coils over manufactures offerings. Usually the 10 to 12" DD is the "all in one" offering for everything. But the vast selection of smaller and bigger coils, helps define the line of hunting one wants to do.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Hunter since my detector came with an 11"DD. But for my style hunting, the Snake would be my next choice if I bought a NEL. Once coils exceed the Hunter, you better be field hunting, as masking is going to be a big problem, not to mention ID of the shallow objects.

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Nel Hunter for the ATP and it's great. I've gone through places only I can hunt and I've found coins in places I know I've search more than two times

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread