Neogeo, looks familiar...

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
You sure posted some great discoveries.

This grinder looks so much like one of your last finds, I had to comment.

My last time out to the farm, I saw this piece lying in the middle of one of the roads on the place. It was too perfectly shaped, lying flat, I had to kick it over. Figured it would turn out to be nothing, but...low and behold. The road goes back to one of the gas wells on the place and gets a good bit of traffic, so double luck as it wasn't hurt at all. Of course it is a very solid piece or wouldn't make a good tool in the first place.

I am very curious as to how it was formed. This has none of the marks like a point made of flint. It doesn't seem to be a natural shape as it is too perfect.

dsc00266k.jpg

dsc00267b.jpg

dsc00269c.jpg

Have a look at these drills, one looks like the state of Texas. The Texas one with broken tip seems to have been used to straighten an arrow shaft as what would be the Gulf coast is curved and has an edge like it was used to shave a shaft.

dsc00249q.jpg

Hope this isn't getting boring, but here is the Angel Fish, found recently.

dsc00250d.jpg

dsc00251ykq.jpg

Happy hunting,
BW

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo, here's my point that looks like a fish. This piece isn't broken or damaged, it has been made that way.

Your "Texas" piece is really cool.

Attachments

• Steve Valentine Collection 196.jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 196.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 273
    42.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Steve Valentine Collection 197.jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 197.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 267
    42.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Steve Valentine Collection 197.jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 197.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 272

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
BORING ????? you must be kidding....recent posting here(especially you guys/Gals from Ohio and Tenn and Fla....promped me to buy 2 jason hanna books and am bidding on several sites for overstreet books,too) and WHO knew there is sooo much free stuff from Google books ???)
If it sounds like I have the BUG....could be....

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Fla-Gal said:
BORING ????? you must be kidding....recent posting here(especially you guys/Gals from Ohio and Tenn and Fla....promped me to buy 2 jason hanna books and am bidding on several sites for overstreet books,too) and WHO knew there is sooo much free stuff from Google books ???)

Those Hanna books have nice color pictures but they're confusing imo. He's got Jacks Reef points in the archaic section, dovetails in the woodland, misidentified points, etc. I dont know if they're misprints or lack of knowledge?

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
UGGGGGHHHHHHHH.......to learn this after spending $20.00 plus tax maybe I should wait on the overstreet and just keep getting '''LOST""" on the webb, as I try to become educated........pretty snaps----and perfect pictures in color,too..... And,WHERE IS MOLLY and airforce guy and his
pup ????

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fla-Gal said:
UGGGGGHHHHHHHH.......to learn this after spending $20.00 plus tax maybe I should wait on the overstreet and just keep getting '''LOST""" on the webb, as I try to become educated........pretty snaps----and perfect pictures in color,too..... And,WHERE IS MOLLY and airforce guy and his
pup ????

Nice finds. They look perfect. They do look a little bit like Texas but then when you live in Texas everything resembles Texas. It did to many anyways. The angel fish one looks like our Jacks reef.
Fla Gal just go slow and keep hunting and you will learn along the way. Overstreet is a good start and when you run into something the people on here will help you.They have helped me bunches on I.Ds. I should probably post a bunch of unknowns to be solved as I am sure the combined knowledge of this site could do it. Have not seen Jamey on here in a while either ?
Nice finds Bravowhiskey. :notworthy:
TnMtns

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thirty7 said:
Fla-Gal said:

Those Hanna books have nice color pictures but they're confusing imo. He's got Jacks Reef points in the archaic section, dovetails in the woodland, misidentified points, etc. I dont know if they're misprints or lack of knowledge?
total lack of knowledge.good for the pics,just dont read.lol.great finds bravo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread