s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worked 14 hours last night and hit some yardsales on the way home. After striking out at all of them I had been to, I finally found one with a decent necklace for sale. It was a gold necklace in a local jewelers box. The girl had $25 on it. I saw that it said Italy and when I turned it over I saw it was marked 14k. Just then a kid walked up and offered her 15 $ for it. She said I'll take 20 and then turned and saw that I was holding it in my hand. She asked me if I was considering buying for the 25 and I told her I'm thinking about it. Seeing that the kid had the 20 in his hand, I offered her 21 for it. She said no it's 25 for you or he gets it for 20. I just looked at her, thinking don't you know that 21 is higher than 20. I handed her the necklace and walked away. I would have gone up to 23 on it but I wasn't going to pay her 5 more than she was going to let him have it for. The principle of the thing! Maybe if I hadn't of been so tired I might have tried to haggle more but I was just to tired and didn't feel like making the effort.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Why wouldn't you just paid the 25.00? I don't know the size or weight of the necklace but i am sure it was worth more then 25.00 unless it was very thin.... she was probly hoping u would pay 25.00 an the kid would go higher..(her own private auction)

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it was thin. Mainly though it just irratated me that she was going to(and did sell it to him) for 20 and told me that it was going to cost me 25. I had already offered her a dollar more, so she lost a buck by refusing to sell it to me.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid was probably from the neighborhood and she knew him and/or he had been there earlier, most likely I would have bought it for $25.00. gl & hh...........Scott

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
s.c.shooter said:
Yes, it was thin. Mainly though it just irratated me that she was going to(and did sell it to him) for 20 and told me that it was going to cost me 25. I had already offered her a dollar more, so she lost a buck by refusing to sell it to me.
if it was very thin then probly not much weight ,so no need to be mad about not buying it probly saved 25.00....

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kid had an offer on the table before you did. I applaud her for showing signs of integrity and knowing there are some things worth more than than money. jmho.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have said go ahead and sell it to him for $20. but did you know it was real gold and worth at least $250 (big lie) ;D

If you can't get it at least the kid might not get it either :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting