This one is for bdxample. Whats your ebay ID?

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This one is for bdxample. What's your ebay ID?

j.raud

It's hard to fnid the time to keep it stocked up the way I want to, I'd like to keep about 50 items going but have only been successful at around 25 - 30.

bdxample

Mar 2, 2007
Panama City Florida

I would post mine, but am a little embarrassed by my first negative. Actually more so with my reaction to it and the false negative I left for the guy...went back and forth, either way am still bitter.

OK fine...cgrhntr1985 nothing listed right now, wind has been taken out of my sails a bit.

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia

bdxample,

I give buyers my phone #s, one's an 800#, the other my cell and tell them to call me right away if anything is wrong.
That isn't always going to work, some people are just Scrooges and/or don't (or can't!) read your description.

I bought an interior auto part from a brand new seller, his description and photo didn't mention a scratch.

I sent him an email and told him that if he wanted to be a good seller and get good feedback, he was going to have to photo his stuff and describe it just like the buyer would see it if he was holding it in his hands, flaws and all. also, I didn't care about the scratch, because I didn't need that part of it, & would have bought it anyway, but if that part of it had been what had I wanted, I would have been mad and left bad feedback. He sent me an email thanking me for taking the time to help out a new seller.

I hope the rest of your buyers are happy feeBayers!

Rand yd

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not very original, I use the same one as on here---sandcreek4 :D .
bdxample said:
I would post mine, but am a little embarrassed by my first negative. Actually more so with my reaction to it and the false negative I left for the guy...went back and forth, either way am still bitter.

OK fine...cgrhntr1985 nothing listed right now, wind has been taken out of my sails a bit.
Don't feel bad about getting a negative, bdxample, I think its hard to please everyone all the time and some buyers just can't be pleased no matter what you do. It does kinda take the wind out of your sails, though, when someone gives you negative feedback. I keep hoping that ebay will get some balance back between its buyers and sellers. It seems that ebay has the 'Walmart mentality' in thinking that the customer(or buyer) is always right. I've dealt with some real bad buyers in the last year---And I just keep adding to my list of buyer regulations in my auctions on ebay.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I may be fairly young but I have been using ebay since it started (anyone remember "onewebplace")? Expect to be screwed over by both buyers and sellers. It can happen to the best of us, even when we think we know better (I can attest to it). Sometimes it can be hard to have the foresight that an auction will turn out the way it does. Buyers and sellers can "throw you a curve ball" when you least expect it.

I attribute most issues/problems to buyers who are new to ebay and either dont bother to read or read your description wrong. The opposite is also just as true for sellers. Additionally, a lot of sellers get "creative" with their descriptions and often it is borderline misrepresentation of an item.

Take the time to read the feedback of the seller and potential buyers bidding on your auctions. Dont necessarily pay attention to the rating but look at what people are saying and what kinds of items they normally buy and/or sell. This can often give you invaluable info about a potential buyer/seller before making a big mistake when bidding/selling.

This is not the appropriate place for me to give my opinion of how ebay has changed over the years. You used to be able to sell a scrap of paper on ebay, pay for the fees and accept payment via money order, and then leave a deadbeat buyer negative feedback. But thats neither here nor there...

I know this may all seem like common sense advice but trust me, it took me years to learn all this. Hope this helps someone out there.

bdxample

Mar 2, 2007
Panama City Florida

I am very obsessive about my auctions. My mother-in-law is constantly telling me that I am too descriptive and my pictures are too detailed and that I don't have to describe every little flaw. I disagree, I would rather prevent a fire than fight one.
Case in point...the auction in question.

I thought I was very descriptive and included good pictures. I knew the guy would leave a negative the minute I did a toolhuas search on his ID. He leaves a lot of negative feedback...he buys and resells overseas. It is my believe that he attempts to scam sellers out of high dollar items to receive a refund. Either way he is now on my blocked list and anyone I know's blocked list.

Buyer claims damage was not mentioned and a hood or filter could not be used with the lens. I claim that the picture was very clear and anyone with minimal common sense could see the damage.

Here is the completed auction...your opinions? Don't worry, telling the tale has been theraputic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320674131045

OP
OP
famous turtle treasures
Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just checked out your listing bdxample. Your pictures and descriptions are great. Unfortunately no matter how descriptive your listings are there will always be people who just skim and won't read them throughly.

Without knowing anything about camera lenses, the first two complaints of your negative feedback are clearly shown in your pictures, and as for the hood, I have no idea what that is, but it looks like you got someone who didn't read your listing or like you said, did it on purpose. I remember the first time I got a negative feed back. It totally took the wind out of my sails for a little while, but you have to get back on that horse. :thumbsup:

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia

Your photo and close up of the damage says it all.
You just got a bad buyer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread