New at this......got a stupid question...and a friendly suggestion.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy y'all,

Just so you know...I knew nothing when I was born, and I know even less now. Having said that, here's my stupid question:

On road trips, do you go into every bank that you see?
If you read my post from the other day, I went to one bank the day before yesterday, bought $55.50 (all they had) and scored 8 silver. Today, I hit a dozen or so banks, only found about 20 bucks worth and got squadoosh (although one lady emtied the machine for me.....will definitely go back there).

Here's the suggestion....when other bank customers ask what you want the coins for, you could say, "My family is coming over for a friendly poker game, and I thought it would be fun to use these instead of those confusing plastic chips." Just a thought.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course, my suggestion would only work if you're bringing out small amounts of coins, like your road trips. If you're lugging out boxes.......

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I tell them that I put the coin in the bath tub with liquid soap
and roll around in them. It makes me fell rich.

After that response the Questions will stop.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Welcome Aboard.

The Poker excuse is one of the most common. I just tell them I'm a collector. They sometimes offer to take my number with a promise to call if anything comes in......... Honesty.

I once responded to a very attractive young teller that I pour them out on my bed and roll around on them,,,,,,,,,,, nekkid. :wink:

She smiled and asked, Aren't they cold and dirty.

I quickly responded, Oh I'll wash em....... Wanna join........ I got a good laugh out of her.

Mojo

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mr. Gee, Mr. Mojo, and Mr. Omega,

Yeah, my suggestion about poker was intended to be directed towards curious customers, as a way of keeping the competition at bay, since some of the posts and replies in this forum have set forth fairly clear rules and commandments about CRHing, specifically the rule or commandment that states: "Never talk about coin roll hunting".

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread