New at this need help

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
What is your price range? What will you mainly be hunting for? What type of environment will you be hunting? These questions might help others help you. Good luck and welcome to the site and hobby.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
I've been very happy with my Whites Prizm II that I purchased just about two months ago. Found a pocket watch at about 10 inches and a license plate at about 16 (thought I was digging to china on that one)

Also have found a bunch of coins including a 1916 barber dime, 1913 wheat cent, and a bunch of clad.

Works very well at a local beach here in all the dry sand and have had moderate to good success in the wet sand.

But if you decide to go with this machine upgrade to the III with the depth finder. I often catch myself wishing I had.

Good luck and HH.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Even the expensive ones locate junk - lots of junk.

A day in the life of an Garrett Infinium LS at the old fair ground.

Daryl

Attachments

• Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 153

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don't let the BioProfessor scare you! It's not a reuirement to clean and neatly display all your finds, including trash, on a nice white towel! LOL
I can't speak for the rest, but mine goes in a pile!

Enjoy your hunting! :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's your budget?

They will all find trash. They will all find coins. Some will find coins over or under trash. Some won't find a coin within inches of junk iron. Few will know the difference between pulltabs and small or thin gold rings.

There are millions of different small metallic objects underground and many detectors have six or eight little cartoon icons to tell you what the target is. Guess what the odds favor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread