Im tired of these coin pics

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
I'm tired of these coin pics

What I want to see is the amount of trash you dug before finding them! Call me crazy, but what I'd like to see is your find atop the pile of crap that you dug to find it. Kinda like my bonfire beach post.
It would do my heart good to learn what other crap has been dug up, and deposited in the trash barrel.

I ask this because it struck home when the beach v'ballers thanked me for digging up so many nails. (Heck, I figured they knew the terrain)
This is not self-serving, I'm genuinely interestd.
Let's see some trash!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Re: I'm tired of these coin pics

OK. Here's mine. Total take for the day's hunt. 3 cents (modern) if I remember right.

Daryl

Attachments

• Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 889
  • Junk.jpg
    Junk.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 897

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

You folks just made this a trashy site :D ;D :o

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

BioProfessor said:
OK. Here's mine. Total take for the day's hunt. 3 cents (modern) if I remember right.

Daryl

Daryl, you must be doing it wrong. I never get anything but the good stuff. Maybe you have too many negative vibes in your body when you hunt. (just kidding...I just woke up ;) ).

Seriously, I get about a pouch full of trash each time I hunt. It not all light stuff either. If I relic hunt I can also expect to find 2 or 3 horse shoes. Then the big question is...toss them along the fence, hang them by the tree, carry them for a while or take them home. Obviously I've done them all :) . It hard to lug that heavy iron around all day in the 80 degree heat.

I just threw a box load of junk away last night. The two best things in it were one of those little cigarette lighters you use to get in bubble gum machines and a dial off an old washer that had a setting for overalls.

Don't we wish we could only get the good stuff.

Burt

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D 3 days in my yard..

Attachments

• h.JPG
    h.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 819

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

I don't know about you guys but I feel TONS better having seen other people's total finds instead of just the good stuff......sometimes it is nice to just know we are not alone in the pile of nails and pulltabs! ;) I guess we need posts like this occasionally to face the reality that we are all in the pile together! lol Have a great day everyone and may you find tons of treasure and tiny piles of trash!! :D

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio

I agree. A picture is worth a thousand reassurances, especially to those new to the hobby.
:)
DD

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

I want to see a picture of the yard after all that stuff was dug up and hear what the wife had to say. ;D

Daryl

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I get tired of seeing our precious junque called junk! We on Tnet do not dig junk, it's JUNQUE dang it! Now get it right and don't make me loose the hounds! M :-[ nty

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

Whatta you going to call it then if we can't use a "j" word. The "c" word?

Daryl

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

My son uses the DFX and I use the Explorer II. WHEN WE GO COINSHOOTING - After a couple hours he always has at least a dozen or two trash items. I might have one or two. The Explorer is great at identifing deep aluminum and iron. Do I find any rings? Yes, but only the silver ones.

Now if I am at a site where I am digging everything except iron then I will have my share of pull tabs, foil, pencils, canslaw, etc. But I will still have few if any nails and rusty iron.

But, here is what I get when I go over to my mom's old farm house and use my "relic" machine set to accept even iron.

twoplatesofIorn.jpg

And one more. This is typical of our metroparks - if you are digging everything.

Attachments

• Trashpic.JPG
    Trashpic.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 750

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used

OK. Just as long as we don't jump from Junque to Crap.

Daryl

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

Cry Havoc, Monty! Cry havoc! Or should that be "Cry Junque! and loose the hounds....."
Nick, please don't think I'm complaining. Far from it. Just interested to see pics of "the other side of the story". :)
Mirage, that is one impressive pile of j..c..umm finds! ya got there. :D

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

Hey Lafitte, This is great! I mentioned once about having a junk forum, so that we could all see that all of us dig junk, and we would all feel better thinking we are not the only ones. We don't realize just how much we are helping the environment. We remove tons of manmade metals from the ground every year, including lots of lead.

This is great PR for our hobby! It can show that we are not just out for the money, but are providing a valuable service.

This was a foot in the door for me at a campground on a lake. When the owners got a look at all the nails and other sharp objects that I was pulling out of the swimming areas, I was always welcomed back. Before detecting, I would always eyeball the area, picking up any litter, and broken glass. I helped them, and they helped me.

Great looking junque people! And here is a tip; To make your junque look better in pics, try wetting it first, or spray it with a light coat of clear enamel. LOL......just kidding with the tip!

........................HH

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Heres one day in March!

Attachments

• 22 mar.jpg
    22 mar.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 613
  • 22 mar.jpg
    22 mar.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 614
OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

WEll I started this thread, so I figure I better put my junque money where my mouth is. Enjoy. :-\

Attachments

• Junque1.jpg
    Junque1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 581

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread