New coil.

littletwig

Sep 4, 2008
Magnolia, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, M6, 6x10 DD, 4x6 DD
From what I've heard it my be a little deeper but it doesn't separate as good a the 6x10. 4in between coins vs 6in in a test. New 10 inch is a little heavier. Both work great in high mineral soil and in wet sand. Over all if you have a 6x10 you really arn't improving yourself very much and you might want to invest in the 4x6 dd. If you don't have a DD then it up to you weather the new coil is worth the $80 extra dollars. :thumbsup:

sniper19612003

Mar 9, 2005
North East Pennsylvainia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer/ White's MXT
I have the 6x10 and the 10" Excell. coil. The 6x10 would be a good all round coil for your MXT. With the 10" DD Excell coil, I do get deeper with it and have no real problems with it. If you want to use a different coil other than your stock coil, IMHO, you should first go with the 6x10. It"s great with soil conditions and I feel it's more stable then the stock coil.

Sniper

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 6X10 as my standard coil with good results. From what I've read to date, the 10"DD might give a little more depth, but not enough more to be worth switching to if you already are using the 6X10. The 6X10 definitely slips thru the trash better than the stock 9.5 which is the main reason I use it as my standard. I do switch to the 5.3 or 4x6 when hunting very trashy parks etc.
Bill

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luvsdux said:
I use the 6X10 as my standard coil with good results. From what I've read to date, the 10"DD might give a little more depth, but not enough more to be worth switching to if you already are using the 6X10. The 6X10 definitely slips thru the trash better than the stock 9.5 which is the main reason I use it as my standard. I do switch to the 5.3 or 4x6 when hunting very trashy parks etc.
Bill

HI Bill

I believe i will go with the 6x10'' coil. I am planing on buying one for my birthday next year in feb. I hope it will help me out with this old home site i have been hunting for the past six mouths now. I have recovered two coins,(NJ collinol copper1787) , and a 1808 half cent. plus some buckles,dating back to the 1700 and some buttons as well. Priscilla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread