New Contest...........TNs Best Liar!!!

T

TreasureTales

Re: New Contest...........TN's Best Liar!!!

Mighty AP said:
LOL boys.........I realy AM entertained by all this!!! :D
And Gypsy, the tool is solid plastic, not solid gold! ;D

SOLID PLASTIC??????? Are you also going to say that it was MADE IN CHINA? YIKES, that tears it...I don't want that tool strapped to my ALL AMERICAN thigh. Nevermind.

T

TreasureTales

Mighty AP said:
Mighty AP said:

This is the thread fer big fat lies, right? ;)

Gee, I hope so or else I'm in a lot of trouble. ;D ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Mighty AP said:
LOL boys.........I realy AM entertained by all this!!! :D

:D :D :D :D right AP....and next you will try telling me all these bribes arent real....such a kidder you are ......er...they are for real...right guys?....guys?.......where did everyone go?

B

Big Diggin

A few years ago I was watching a documentary on T.V. about a crime boss and his un-recovered stash. The story went on to tell of his life of crime, his death, & the clever way he outsmarted everyone by stashing the loot before the Feds caught up to him.

His name was Giovanni Pizzaria. He was not a well known crime boss. He did not work the large cities such as Chicago. He based his operation in the small town of Kankakee, Illinois which is about 70 miles south of Chicago.

Giovanni Pizzaria
deep hole.jpg

For working such a small town, he amassed quite a fortune. The Feds had been after him for over 20 years. They got close a few times but never could catch him.

Giovanni knew that his time was coming, and he knew he had to hide the moolah. He had a couple of his nephews load the entire vault onto a truck and hide it somewhere. He told them to make sure it was far away from Illinois.

The nephews did as he asked and told him that they hid the stash in a small town in Virginia. They buried the vault and only the 3 of them would know of its location.

Well, sure enough, the feds caught up to the Pizzaria gang. A huge shootout followed. They did not manage to capture any of them alive & the loot was never recovered.

mob boss.jpg

So that got me thinking. The only people that knew where the money was buried, were now dead. I have been searching for this buried loot for the last 2 years. Up until last week, I was running out of hope that I would find it.

I was metal detecting an old farm site in southern Virginia, when I realized that I had made the find of a lifetime. I'll be the first to admit that it was a lot of hard work, but I was thinking it was worth it.

shootings.jpg

After renting a crane to help me with the unearthing and loading, I finally had the vault onto my truck.

I went back to the site to fill in the hole (ethics), when I was approached by a couple "good ol boys".

deep hole.jpg good ol boy 1.jpg

Something told me that they could have been related, but I couldn't put my finger on it. One of them said, "atcha doin?" Thank God I can think on my feet very quickly. I told them, "One of my buddies hid my last Budweiser & I'm using my metal detector to find it". I said, "It isn't in this hole", which was the one I was now filling back up. They told me not to worry about it cause they had a cooler full of beer in their truck. I now felt obligated to follow them to their truck and down a few. Finally, a few hours later, I was back in my truck & heading home with my find.

I took a picture of my find after I unloaded it in my yard (so everyone would believe me).

good ol boy 2.jpg

It took me a couple of days to drill through that lock. But I finally got it open. Man was I amazed at the money inside. I couldn't get the vault into my basement so I had to unload it and carry the cash in by hand. It was quite a job & quite a pile.

vault.jpg

Now it was time to count the cash.

pile of money.jpg

I hadn't even reached $200 when I heard a loud knock on the basement door. I quickly covered the pile back up and went to answer it. Upon opening the door, I was immediately questioned by three gentlemen. One of which was waving a badge in my face.

counting money.jpg

Dang, it was the I.R.S. One of them stated that they knew of the discovery I had made & that they would make sure I received the part of the money that I should. I did not want any trouble from the Govt, or anyone else, so I gave in and turned the money over to them. Once they took taxes out, other fees, and I paid for the rental of the crane, I wasn't left with much.

irs badge.jpg one dollar.jpg

About $1.56 !!! Oh well, I guess I still have my memories of the adventure. Not to mention a little stash I hid as well.

coins.jpg

Thanks for lookin & Happy Huntin.

Attachments

• money in chest.jpg
    money in chest.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 239
T

TreasureTales

King of Swing that was a nice story with some great photos to support it. I gotta ask, though, are those gentlement related to anyone here on TNet? I think I've seen them as avatars somewhere around here. Some guy with a pirate's tricorn, if memory serves.

Nice Work!!!

T

treasurejack

Mighty AP said:
Mighty AP said:

This is the thread fer big fat lies, right? ;)

Hey! Did you just call TreasureTales a big fat piece of plastic! (That was very tactful AP...very tactful!)
Ooops...my mistake. I thought you said, "fool." lol
(Sorry TT, I had something in my eye.)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

Gee gypsyheart, I wish I had all that cool treasure and candy and stuff, to bribe a beautiful woman like yourself with. But I don't, cause it's still winter here, so I'll just go away without the neatest of all diggen tools and do my best to claw some more treasure from the cold rock hard frozen ground. :-[

Attachments

• slavekitten.jpg
    slavekitten.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 240

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI ALL, I THOUGHT THIS CONTEST WAS BEST LIAR  ??? ??? ???  IT'S JUST MAKING ME SICKING, READING ALL THESE SUCKING- UP REPLIES
;D ;D ;D  GEE YOU TRUST "THE GYPSY" NOW THATS FUNNY. ::) ::) ::)

TINPAN

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey gyps, just an update on the bribes. The 3 guys with the animal hats were pretty excited about you accepting the bribe and were anxious to see you. They asked where you could be found and I told them, she's in Packerland. They left early Thursday and then last night they called me from Frisco. I don't know what's going on but they are looking for you.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Those are all LIES: ;D

politicians are a new and intelligent 'race'.
The Swedes are not barbarians.
We are all 'normal' citizens. With no humor at all.

T

treasurejack

Man guys, you should see this!
Gypsy is sitting out on the terrace of my beachside Jamaican getaway in just a hot pink thong, laptop sitting on the surface of the table in front of her, her eyes and mind evaluating all the lies that were entered in the Best Liar contest. AP is out on the beach swinging his detector and he’s finding a boatload of Spanish gold and silver from a galleon wreck that occurred here in 1655. I told him he could keep whatever he found, his isolated guesthouse is sitting on stilts out in the shallow bay and he seems rather pleased with the setup. Now I don’t know whose going to win this thing, Gypsy won’t tell me much other then a few little hints and teases that she’s whispered in my ear from time to time. While I didn’t read the thread by someone named, “YouAnimal” I can tell you she sure seems to be favoring that one! Anyway, I just wanted to keep you guys up to date on the selection process. Good luck to all, and I’m sure when AP gets back home he’ll post some of the finds he’s made at my private Jamaican getaway.
Sincerely, your buddy,
Treasurejack.

T

TreasureTales

I have given my treasure fortune to Gypsyheart. I've foresaken all my diggers in hopes of winning the Mighty AP Digger. I have nothing left to use as a bribe and nothing left to use as a digger, I'm screwed. So I now drag my pennyless butt over to the laptop in hopes of saying the one thing that will put me in the winner's column of the Liar's Contest. Here goes: I don't deserve to win because I'm too honest.
As far as this thread is concerned, that is the biggest lie I can think of. Best of luck to all and may the biggest liar win.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Attention Attention Attention

No more entries excepted. All lies have been recorded and the finalists have been sent to The Mighty AP for consideration. He will be posting them in the Voting Poll shortly.

On behalf of all the Liars ,we want to thank you all for making this one fun crazy contest and for submitting some excellent Lies .....I picked 14 finalists ....but AP said "5" ... >:(...But you are all Winners and that is the only truth told here all week! :-* :-* :-*

You all realize that a generation from now ,young detectorists will be speaking of these stories we have told here ,over campfires and swearing they are all true passed down from their grandparents! ;) :D We are legends in the making.....

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

<Still sucking up... ;D

Na..., Thankyou, and AP for having a great contest. It was a lot of fun, and kept be busy while waiting for the snow to melt...
Good luck to all..., & Happy hunting~

T

treasurejack

Hey Gypsy, maybe next year we could have a two hour special on FOX, Bob Barker can host, complete with a singing and swimsuit competition, that sort of thing? I'm betting TT has a voice like a canary and a body to really cry over!

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

Great job everybody, that was a lot of fun! Jeff can finaly relax a bit now that this over, eh? ;D Thanks fer playin', I will put up a thread where everyone can vote fer their favorite lier! Good luck to the final five! :)

T

TreasureTales

treasurejack said:
Hey Gypsy, maybe next year we could have a two hour special on FOX, Bob Barker can host, complete with a singing and swimsuit competition, that sort of thing? I'm betting TT has a voice like a canary and a body to really cry over!

Ah shucks, TJ, I didn't know you cared. Yep, I've got a body to cry over...and laugh at, and point at, etc.

This contest was a riot. Thanks so much Mighty AP and Gypsyheart. Now I gotta go vote for my favorite liar...hmmm, wonder who that would be? LOL

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
Attention Attention Attention

No more entries excepted. All lies have been recorded and the finalists have been sent to The Mighty AP for consideration. He will be posting them in the Voting Poll shortly.

On behalf of all the Liars ,we want to thank you all for making this one fun crazy contest and for submitting some excellent Lies .....I picked 14 finalists ....but AP said "5" ... >:(...But you are all Winners and that is the only truth told here all week! :-* :-* :-*

You all realize that a generation from now ,young detectorists will be speaking of these stories we have told here ,over campfires and swearing they are all true passed down from their grandparents! ;) :D We are legends in the making.....
this is a lie............isnt it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread