New CRH questions

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
As for Pennies, there are many key dates to look for as well as numerous errors to look for if you have the patience. The obvious things to keep out are the pre 82 pennies as they are 95% copper making them nearly 3 cents each in melt value. I would recommend getting a copy of the Redbook as this will give you a complete list of all coins and great info. As far as the nickels go, I am guessing you already know the 42-45 war nickels were 35% silver, but on the 42s, make sure you see the mint mark above the dome - they are also made lots of 42's on the copper/nickel; there will be no mint mark above the dome on these.

Again, get a copy of Redbook and you will have all the information you could ever ask for.
Good luck!!

OP
OP
P

plus1hdcp

Greenie
Jan 10, 2011
Thanks for the reply and recommendation for Redbook. I was not sure what type of guide to get.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plus1hdcp said:
New to the boards and a couple of questions. Are there any key dates to look for while I hand sorting pennies for the copper

hey.. welcome to the boards :hello:

check out this link: http://www.collectorscorner.org/pocket.html

it gives you an almost-full list of what to look for in your pocket change/boxes.

it'll take some time to memorize all the dates but you can easily print it and keep it by your side when you search a box.

good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread