Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Bought this detector for the beach. Hope it will be all I hoped for. Will be interesting to see the differences between this and land hunting with my VLF.

IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0043.JPG

-Buck

Upvote 0

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you eat a good, hearty breakfast! GL HH.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Really good machine. I have found several gold rings with it. You will dig a lot of iron as well. Double beep usually means a hair pin. But I swear white gold rings make a softer smoother tone than anything else even though it has no discrimination.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting I met a guy in the hotel in staying in that had one delivered to the front desk. That wasn't you I talked to was it? The Dual Field is a deep seeking machine. Once you learn to sweep targets from various angles and listen for a waiver in the threshold you will dig little iron.

Last edited:

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently purchased a minelab Sov GT and for some reason I keep going back to my DF. I am even considering getting another DF for a back up. Consider getting a straight shaft for it and also upgrading the headphones...... I will never depart with the DF. You will and should dig pretty much everything, but the rewards far outweigh the junk you will find.... Good Luck!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes ...you may dig a little more junk :tongue3:
but you learn the machine and use it to its max and you should pull stuff deeper than others ..and good stuff
to me - you dig it all - hopefully you'll get it all
guys that have a discriminator and crank it - get less junk - but miss a lot too
cant tell you how many times I got gold under junk others have passed over - I picked it out and rechecked and bam!
I started out in 70s with an all metal machine on land as a kid and found gold behind guys with expensive discrim. machine
my first water machine was whites pi and I did the same
use cz21s now and even though it has discrim. - 99% of the time I hunt in all metal
theres a small group of guys in Ct. that bought DFs and have cleaned up on deep old gold at spots that thought they had cleaned out with their excals
I tell people that want to try PI - you got beaches near you that you plan on trying to hit on a regular basis - go in with a PI and
take it all out - you take all the old iron out and little by little you should find less and less of it and hopefully your good finds and finds that that iron might
have masked will increase - you take it all out and hopefully you will clean it out as much as you can
spots that you have to travel far to and might have limited time - those places you might want a discrim. at - close to home - clean'em out
down south - where guys don't like PIs cause of the junk - you'll find more junk - many crank their discrim. and "try" and just get the gold & silver
plus nails and bottle caps cake in southern waters
up here in NewEngland - lot of guys use PIs or did and many hunt in all metal - we take everything out of the water we can
bottle caps and nails up here dissolve in our waters
example finds from a beach that myself and others try and keep clean of junk- I hit last year (after hammering it with a PI for years and getting tons of old gold& silver)
the earings are steel and the bracelet is too - bathing cap snaps are older - aluminum ones - but that is it for "junk" hunting in all metal I got

Here is trash from like 4 days in Fla. waters - hunting around guys with Excals and aquasounds passing most of this up
fla. trip trash.JPG but look at a lot of goodies Ive gotten down there that they missed
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html
many have laughed at me for digging all that trash - I think its been worth it
Hope you find many treasures with your new machine
Good-Luck.gif

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting I met a guy in the hotel in staying in that had one delivered to the front desk. That wasn't you I talked to was it? The Dual Field is a deep seeking machine. Once you learn to sweep targets from various angles and listen for a waiver in the threshold you will dig little iron.

Sounds like I've made a good choice. That wasn't me LOL. So, quick question--do I dig everything that wavers the threshold on this machine?

-Buck

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes ...you may dig a little more junk :tongue3:
but you learn the machine and use it to its max and you should pull stuff deeper than others ..and good stuff
to me - you dig it all - hopefully you'll get it all
guys that have a discriminator and crank it - get less junk - but miss a lot too
cant tell you how many times I got gold under junk others have passed over - I picked it out and rechecked and bam!
I started out in 70s with an all metal machine on land as a kid and found gold behind guys with expensive discrim. machine
my first water machine was whites pi and I did the same
use cz21s now and even though it has discrim. - 99% of the time I hunt in all metal
theres a small group of guys in Ct. that bought DFs and have cleaned up on deep old gold at spots that thought they had cleaned out with their excals
I tell people that want to try PI - you got beaches near you that you plan on trying to hit on a regular basis - go in with a PI and
take it all out - you take all the old iron out and little by little you should find less and less of it and hopefully your good finds and finds that that iron might
have masked will increase - you take it all out and hopefully you will clean it out as much as you can
spots that you have to travel far to and might have limited time - those places you might want a discrim. at - close to home - clean'em out
down south - where guys don't like PIs cause of the junk - you'll find more junk - many crank their discrim. and "try" and just get the gold & silver
plus nails and bottle caps cake in southern waters
up here in NewEngland - lot of guys use PIs or did and many hunt in all metal - we take everything out of the water we can
bottle caps and nails up here dissolve in our waters
example finds from a beach that myself and others try and keep clean of junk- I hit last year (after hammering it with a PI for years and getting tons of old gold& silver)
the earings are steel and the bracelet is too - bathing cap snaps are older - aluminum ones - but that is it for "junk" hunting in all metal I got

Here is trash from like 4 days in Fla. waters - hunting around guys with Excals and aquasounds passing most of this up
View attachment 1169011 but look at a lot of goodies Ive gotten down there that they missed
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html
many have laughed at me for digging all that trash - I think its been worth it
Hope you find many treasures with your new machine
View attachment 1169012

Thx for re-sending that link with the articles, my friend! Some great inspiration there for me! Yes, I will have to travel a bit. BUT I have seen a PI on the beach in TX before where I'm going to go, so I know that there are some who are clearing the iron regularly. So I think I'll be fine. Trust me, I don't mind digging junk for a chance at something good. Any tips you can provide about the operation of this DF will be more than appreciated. Seems like a fairly simple machine. My one question (also posted above): should I be digging every null and waver in the threshold tone?

Best Wishes,

Buck

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like I've made a good choice. That wasn't me LOL. So, quick question--do I dig everything that wavers the threshold on this machine?

-Buck

Everything that has a perfect "round" threshold sound. Iron will give a wavy sound from one direction, but may sound good from another. Just do a semicircle around target while sweeping it. If you get the same repeatable sound 2-3 times, dig it!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id learn and practice its basic operation for a little while - then experiment with more advanced techniques
more inspiration - older pic in my collection - I been TH'ing since 1975 age 12 - made a water machine from and old land
one (floated box and use extension cord) in late 70s early 80s
but got my first PI in 95
don't have many pics of finds before 2001 (when I got my 1st computer) but this one is of most of my gold & silver
found with PI machines -Id say about 95% of this was found with a PI - from 1995-2004 - and back then I was land (dirt) hunting
about 50% and water/beach about 50%
(its more like 90% water now)

1995-2004 sil.gold (2).jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Every beach is different so try and learn the habits of where you hunting. Like close to shore there can be a lot of trash, further out less trash and better targets. Dig all until you learn the machine, then by going on the history of the beach dig faints only. One thing with the DF, very chatty. Good Luck..

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything that has a perfect "round" threshold sound. Iron will give a wavy sound from one direction, but may sound good from another. Just do a semicircle around target while sweeping it. If you get the same repeatable sound 2-3 times, dig it!

Great advice, thanks! :)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every beach is different so try and learn the habits of where you hunting. Like close to shore there can be a lot of trash, further out less trash and better targets. Dig all until you learn the machine, then by going on the history of the beach dig faints only. One thing with the DF, very chatty. Good Luck..

My VHF is a Fisher, so chat doesn't bother me. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread