Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought a DeLeon and I'm pretty excited about it.

My Compadre is being carefully packed away in a bag to serve as my backup/spur-of-the-moment detector for awhile. Still love that Compadre. Will never sell it.

My next purchase is going to be that Sand Shark for wet sand/surf hunting at the beach.

The last one I'll probably get to complete my arsenal will be a deep seeker, which means either the Tejon or the Silver uMax with the 12x10 coil.

Yeah, I guess I'm a Tesoro loyalist now. I've tried most of the other brands, but keep coming back to Tesoro. I know the other brands are really good too, but Tesoro just works for me. :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have to have confidence in which ever brand we are using. Many of us started out with beep and dig machines and for myself this is were the fun is. Congrats on the new detector.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smudge said:
Just bought a DeLeon and I'm pretty excited about it.

My Compadre is being carefully packed away in a bag to serve as my backup/spur-of-the-moment detector for awhile. Still love that Compadre. Will never sell it.

My next purchase is going to be that Sand Shark for wet sand/surf hunting at the beach.

The last one I'll probably get to complete my arsenal will be a deep seeker, which means either the Tejon or the Silver uMax with the 12x10 coil.

Yeah, I guess I'm a Tesoro loyalist now. I've tried most of the other brands, but keep coming back to Tesoro. I know the other brands are really good too, but Tesoro just works for me. :icon_thumleft:

Congrats Smudge! Now how much did you pay for the "Doggie Digger?" Got to get me one of those!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge ... Tesoro are good detectors .... So now will you change your name to Tesoro man.... NONO .... I mean.............. Tesoro Patch........ I think i will be going the Tesoro way ... I need a light detector.............. I went out for a couple of hours yesterday with my Garrett 1500..... And thought my shoulder was going to fall off.............. Even my AT Pro.. with the Gizmo on it seems coil heavy or off balance.to me........ And i have no complaints about Tesoro great detectors.........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
We have to have confidence in which ever brand we are using. Many of us started out with beep and dig machines and for myself this is were the fun is. Congrats on the new detector.
Sandman... Is right there no matter what brand of detector you use............. If you have confidence in it ... ...Then to you it is the best you can buy.......................

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is true, I do feel more confident using the Tesoro brand. Just me I guess. I know plenty of guys who swear by Garrett, Minelab, etc.

The weight on most Tesoros just can't be beat, its true.

I know the weight on this DeLeon, which is already light, is well balanced with the battery compartment in the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread