New detectorist

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding modern coins is pretty easy. Try your own back yard and you should find coins, and certainly at public parks and schools.

Just keep digging and learning your machine, the coins are out there!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I would have had your foresight when I bought my first detector. I didn't find a coin for a week! Hang in there. The Ace 250 will produce for you. Good luck...
Peace

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just be patient with the ace 250 it will find you coins and other nice things.Its a good md.HH

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-
You should watch Crackbadgers ace250 tutorial on youtube- its very informative- hh

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huhh, got coin indications but no coins? One of the first things I've always done with any detector I've recently acquired is just simply throwing down some
coins and familiarizing myself with what the machine tells me. Then do a bit of pin pointing. Now go to the local park and spend a couple of days with it. Its all about learning your machine. Cant say how many new detectorists I've watched get frustrated and retire *or spend a bunch of money buying new magic wands* their machines because they don't have the patience to learn.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread