NEW DISCOVERY CHANNEL SERIES ‘TREASURE QUEST: SNAKE ISLAND

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't give up on the island yet. To me, that wall with the "dimples" in it could have marked the location of other caches on the island. I was lost when he suddenly took the dimple patterns and came up with a river theory. Maybe the pirates had been drinking and decided to put up a target on the wall and see who was the best shot and these dimples are from pistols. And that boat, when Cappy went underneath it in the daylight I was surprised to see the condition it was in. I would have thought that they would have inspected it very well before they enlisted it. And the snakes, once again a snake is right next to someone and then just moves off which makes you wonder if they aren't really aggresive, which is a good thing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't give up on the island yet. To me, that wall with the "dimples" in it could have marked the location of other caches on the island. I was lost when he suddenly took the dimple patterns and came up with a river theory. Maybe the pirates had been drinking and decided to put up a target on the wall and see who was the best shot and these dimples are from pistols. And that boat, when Cappy went underneath it in the daylight I was surprised to see the condition it was in. I would have thought that they would have inspected it very well before they enlisted it. And the snakes, once again a snake is right next to someone and then just moves off which makes you wonder if they aren't really aggresive, which is a good thing.

I don't think the snakes really give a crap about them either.
perhaps a passing curiosity on something they never saw before.
But do Snakes even have a Memory ? or are they Like Gold fish ?
Just eat what will fit in their mouths.

My guess most snakes are like that though. More interested in their next meal,
then something they need to let lay.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tonight at 10 New Episode of TreasureQuest

Lost Paradise
Storm Brewing

New

Says enhanced episode ?
Hopefully not all messed up with Twitter popups from kids asking dumb questions to see their name on screen

Tue Sep 1 10:00pm
Treasure Quest: Lost Paradise New Enhanced episodes of the reality series, "Treasure Quest".

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I just watched it and was again dumbfounded by how they showed snakeman drinking water from inside a cave they just found and being warned from others that this is not a good idea. Now I think we know another reason why the boat is taking on water. Did you see the amount of play in the propeller shaft ? ? ? In the final episode they find those dimple marks on the wall and come up with the river theory: watching this episode, Cork was looking at his computer for the Southern Cross link and as he was scrolling through his files, I thought I saw a drawing of those dimple marks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched it and was again dumbfounded by how they showed snakeman drinking water from inside a cave they just found and being warned from others that this is not a good idea. Now I think we know another reason why the boat is taking on water. Did you see the amount of play in the propeller shaft ? ? ? In the final episode they find those dimple marks on the wall and come up with the river theory: watching this episode, Cork was looking at his computer for the Southern Cross link and as he was scrolling through his files, I thought I saw a drawing of those dimple marks.

On the similarity of the Marks. I don't know what source they are using, But My guess the
Files they have are from someone who has found them on Snake island years ago.
And this crew is just retracing steps & Revisiting the spots hoping to see missed things.
and gaining a new prospective .

I was unimpressed with this Re-Run Called NEW . :(
what was there 60 seconds of new footage
of the propeller shaft ?
unhappysmiley.png

did give me something to watch last night before sleepy time :tongue3: but
I was hoping for more new clips.

I will of course watch next weeks also.

as always Megan's Rear Bumper kept me awake :thumbsup:

looked to me snakeman's drink of water was more wetting his lips, then drinking.
Besides he's not afraid of getting bit by poisonous animals . what's a little chance of
dysentery other then a little more showing off for the camera.
and advertising, if you need someone without fear for your expedition,
or TV show. he's entertaining to his last breath.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , so they find that cave (south of the marker ) they don't even bother to get the metal detectors out - to hit that entire flat area
approaching the cave - unbelievable !

Agreed...
I would not take a step... ever... without a detector ON and sweeping...

Not only that I would be using the coil as a "ground snake detector"... DUH !
I mean sheeesh what a better way to see the unseen on the ground...
I don't know about those guys...
But my coil would "lead the way".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He is trying to "show off"... being "billy bad ass" ...
And we all know what happens to those guys don't we. heh
Its an attention thing.
"ewww look at what he did... lookie at me"... he is the "tuff guy" he drank snake piss... etc.

And he knows it... and he also knows if he gets sick from it... he will be the center of attention through his recovery.
What people like this don't realize until its too late is... Recovery is not "guaranteed" (I hate that word to spell).

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm confused by the prop shaft.

If there is that much play in the shaft, there should be a steady stream of water gushing past the shaft into the bilges.

The pumps should be continuously running, bilge alarms should be going off, and you could see the water gushing in past the shaft where the cutlass bearing and packing used to be, from inside the boat. Just look in the bilges, aft of the transmission, where the shaft enters the packing or stuffing box/cutlass bearing.

All that water gushing in is cause for an immediate tow to a yard or someplace you could beach yourself stern in and fix it at low tide.

That boat hasn't had a proper bottom anti-fouling job in 25 years.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's the Schuylkill River here in PA .
or maybe its the little Swatara Creek
laughing7.gif

seriously though . There are about 165 major rivers in the world.
that is just the Major ones known Today. if indeed this map goes back that far
you would need to know what rivers small & large existed then,
Their actual flow lines back then, & be able to narrow just one of them
down to fit the chart.

& who said River ? there are also Canyons & creeks, walking Paths and cave systems that
move(d) in that direction.

I agree . They should consider comparing the Holes to a Map of the Cave system they are in
first. which mapping the cave could take years itself unfortunately.
and perhaps in their off season using them to a Map of the island.
see if each hole corresponds to a cave on the island.

personally though, I would want to excavate where they found the piece of wood,
if it wasn't a Plant by Production for drama.
perhaps there was a cave-in & the treasure is just out of range of the detector.
or the cave flooded at some point in the last 500 years & that piece of wood floated there from another part of the cave system.

If the treasure was removed, Why was the Rock pile Built to make it difficult to
get where it was ?

Excellent show last night in spite of all the off topic Fill to make it last an Hour.
and there is a good possibility the Treasure was found by someone smart enough to
keep their mouths shut . But That's why we are known as Treasure Hunters.
if there is still a chance, best to keep Hunting :thumbsup:

When does season 2 Start ? :tongue3:
============================================================
Speaking on Jeffs comment on the "MAP" of the cave system they had in the last show.

I was really taken that there was an actual CAVE SURVEY done there.
Someone actually took the time to survey then map the passages.

So with that said:
To me it means that they were not even close to being the "first" of any to be there. If there was anything there to start with, and I do think there was.
That it is now in the possession of those who mapped the cave.
My evidence? Is the remnants of said found box for one. And I did notice other places inside that had signs of being dug in.

Just my observations on what I saw.
Hit

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
======================================================================
Yea,,,, that is a BIG NO NO for sure.
At least he coulda used a filter straw,,, those things rock.
I have several scattered about my various vehicles and B.O.Bs. (Bug Out Bag)s

Hit

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many things that don't add up about this show for me - A few minutes after they find the piece to the strongbox , Cort
is sitting there weeping , talking about how he let his team down . That's vanity and extreme narcissism ! The team had just discovered
a massively important relic ( the piece of the chest ) Is there any one of us who would have left that there, instead of taking that and
having it analyzed to determine exactly how old it is etc. ? I never saw an intense metal detector search of the areas around that cave,
just about thirty seconds directly over where they found the fragment . This show has little or nothing to do with real treasure
hunters - I don't see the instincts in these people at all - yes they do research , maybe they know some history - they're book
smart but they don't involve the detectors anywhere near enough . Especially when you think that they have found some metal
relics that seem to relate to their goal - the Jesuit ring , the box frag etc. Something feel very off about this !

( Don't even get me started about Brian "snakeman" he's functioning as the clown for this program )

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many things that don't add up about this show for me - A few minutes after they find the piece to the strongbox , Cort
is sitting there weeping , talking about how he let his team down . That's vanity and extreme narcissism ! The team had just discovered
a massively important relic ( the piece of the chest ) Is there any one of us who would have left that there, instead of taking that and
having it analyzed to determine exactly how old it is etc. ? I never saw an intense metal detector search of the areas around that cave,
just about thirty seconds directly over where they found the fragment . This show has little or nothing to do with real treasure
hunters - I don't see the instincts in these people at all - yes they do research , maybe they know some history - they're book
smart but they don't involve the detectors anywhere near enough . Especially when you think that they have found some metal
relics that seem to relate to their goal - the Jesuit ring , the box frag etc. Something feel very off about this !

I would believe the editors weren't interested in the footage of them detecting
the whole area. allot of empty swinging was probably (Hopefully) done there.

in other words I hope they were smart enough to detect the whole area and take the piece with them.
of course maybe they couldn't take the ring either , if it was a real find :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Argentium, lets 's hope it's not all about nothing. Hopefully Jeff your right, because a lot doesn't add up to most of us who treasure hunt, let's hope they just culled what they considered not worthy for the footage.
But seriously, they need to step it up a bit, and not with acting. Did they carbon date the box lid yet ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Argentium, lets 's hope it's not all about nothing. Hopefully Jeff your right, because a lot doesn't add up to most of us who treasure hunt, let's hope they just culled what they considered not worthy for the footage.
But seriously, they need to step it up a bit, and not with acting. Did they carbon date the box lid yet ?

yes that box could have been from any number of sources ,
from lighthouse worker, to pirate, to snake wrangler of the past.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I can't imagine a lid of a chest in a cave on the top of a mountain not having some significants. Probably a leader for the next run of shows. Frank

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , I don't think they even took the box frag with them - that's when I knew when there was something way off about these people.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the comment that bugged me last week was that they don't even chop the local Fauna
and instead try to work away around it so they leave everything untouched. :(

sounds to me like National Park type rules may apply,
or at least they are going by such rules.

I'm sorry ! But how do you make a Genuine Treasure Hunting effort
acting like even the plants have special rights ?

it really does seem like they were just walking around a Museum type setup
with a floor plan in hand. (i.e. Geocaching: find the loop, find the ring, Find the cave Find the piece of wood)

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lack of bling is making me crazy.
Wonder if the chest lid was supposed to be the indicator that this cache has been found?
Notice we have to do a lot of guessing as to what things mean and what's going on.
I'm still confused by snake guys antics, he was supposed to be the safety guy, not the idiot.

Sounds about right to me Jeff, that would explain a lot!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:

My DVR schedule still list Treasure Quest: Lost Paradise for next tuesday.

maybe nobody cared about enhanced reruns so they are pulling it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread