New dude South Carolina

Kackalackee

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2023
I am working on moving a log cabin here in Union Co. that was built in 1850. There are remains of another cabin and a school on the property. Already found a 1917 Mercury dime when I removed the fireplace mantle. So I picked up a White's Coinmaster 5300D at the Goodwill for $18. Gotta get batteries for it. Do I have to use C cells?
Pretty excited to start learning, I have wanted a metal detector since I was a kid.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am working on moving a log cabin here in Union Co. that was built in 1850...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: SOUTH CAROLINA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

... I picked up a White's Coinmaster 5300D at the Goodwill for $18. Gotta get batteries for it. Do I have to use C cells?...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member pipes in - you might consider posting your question on WHITE'S > COINMASTER for more exposure...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Big Welcome to You to the Treasurenet forum from Georgia. Best of luck to you with the Whites Coinmaster.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet!! You can use any combination of batteries that will give you 6V. ( it holds 4 Cs, I think). AA's (cheaper than C's)would be the easiest and you can find a holder online '

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread