New EuroTek Pro Impresses!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my mother an 8" concentric EuroTek Pro for mothers day and it arrived today. Thank you Ed at Treasure Mountain Detectors for the great deal btw!

Little back story…She picked up a used Ace250 from another family member a couple of years ago and she has done pretty well with it. For as much as she hunts, she's pulled in a good pile of clad, several Wheats, IH's and a few silver coins including one 1936 Walking Half (yes I was jealous).
Recently I let her try my F2 and she really took to it. Knowing that she was looking to get something different than her 250, I thought I'd get her the ETP. Well she's been stopping by my house for the last 3 days to see if it's come in. Well today was the day.

Upon opening the box, the unit was together in about 5min. Real easy and to my surprise, already set to standard vs metric as I was expecting. One less thing to monkey with.

I grabbed up some coins and junk target to go play and help her learn it. I know she doesn't like a lot tones of other than targets she's looking for so I set the Vol at 10 but kept the disc at 0. This way she doesn't have to listen to the nail factories under our houses.
I was immediately impressed with the machine. Tones are a little higher pitched than I'd like but what ya gunna do?
I love how good it is with iron and good targets mixed together. Started off with some nails a couple of inches from the coin and it wasn't a problem. Hit every time. Kept moving the nails closer, still no problem. Finally I took several rusted iron nails sprinkled em on and around a quarter and it would high tone 80's every time THROUGH the nails. Sweet!

Anyway, she left my place to go to work and said to keep it and play with it some more. So I did!:laughing7:

I took it to a local park that haven't been to since last summer and figured to pick up some fresh drops. I did! I dug quite a few Memorials a few dimes and couple of zincs. I left MANY more zincs behind. I hate having to put any effort into zincs. After about a half an hour I packed it up and headed home.
Once there, I started combing my yard with the new ETP. Now understand, my back yard is only about 20'x50'ish and has seen detectors like the Dues, E-Trac, AT Pro, Vx3, CZ-3D, Ace250 & 350, Outlaw, Vaquero, MXT Pro and a few others. Most of these machines have been through the yard SEVERAL times and it still gets hunted weekly (I pull every non ferrous target I can find). It hasn't turned up a keeper since last fall. So lets just say it's been hit HARD!

Well ladies and gents…I pulled this awesome button out today with the ETP! Wasn't deep but it gave me a "dig me"! Sure wish the shank was still on it.
TB01.JPG TB02.JPG

Well if my mum ends up not caring for it, I'll give her my F2 (which she likes) and I'll keep this puppy myself. I'm taking her out this wknd to get some time on it. Can't wait to see it in some older areas and how it performs and compares to some of my other tectors.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button! I think I dug one exactly like it A few weeks ago in VA but I can barely make it out. It's pretty much toast, but I think the locomotive is vertical in my photo. Love the ETP it's an awesome machine.

Attachments

• image-2111274750.jpg
    image-2111274750.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, I'd sure like to see that cleaned up. Electrolysis?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I compare yours the more I think they are different. Mine is not raised at all. I'll dig it out this weekend and maybe try electrolysis.

Yours is in amazing condition.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my mum out all day today and put some more time on it. I think she still prefers my F2 but really started warming up to ETP later in the day.

I used the ETP to start and I was scooping up enough clad to stay a couple of hours at a fairgrounds I've never hunted before. Just before we were about to leave, I nailed a nice '57 Wheat. We go to our next destination, a park we hit quite frequently, and I pretty much made her use the ETP and me with my trusty ATP.
I needed to ID some deeper coins so she could compare and get an idea of what she needs to listen for.
She was digging as much clad as I was and I did find a few deeper coins so she could compare and the ETP did just fine. The numbers are about as jumpy as they are on the F2 but tone ID is much improved.

At one point she was getting frustrated because of "Too many signals"! We were working around the backstop of and old ball field in a park in Wisconsin. We're kinda famous for how much we drink here and there were no less than a BILLION shallow pulltabs everywhere.

I explained (for the hundredth time) when you get into these type of areas, crank that disc up past the tab and can slaw falls. She doesn't like listening to all that noise. With the disc cranked to max, she was picking clad through all the tabs and was doing really well. We were comparing almost all of our signals and she dug a couple of coins I would have past on with the ATP. I could see in her composure how much more enjoyable it was for her. When we got clear of all the heavy tab infestation, I had her lower her disc back down and she continued to pull several more coins out.

At the end of day as it was getting toward dusk, we packed it up and I took her home, she was A LOT more confident with her new ETP. I hope she stays with it and realizes how brilliant the machine really is. I hope I can remain somewhat patient when trying to "help" her. She's not the most tech savvy and things take a while…err…a long while to sink in sometimes. And if not, I'll just trade her my F2! Of course, I'll have to get a DD coil for it, but that's fine.

The ETP is FAR better than its $200 price tag! I honestly think I could take one just about anywhere I've been and not feel "what if"!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fella, thats good to hear. I feel the same way about the little ETP. My mum whose watched me detect her 2 acre yard a few times, to my surprise asked me if I had a machine she could borrow to play around with. I'm thinking a sovereign is too heavy for her, and I had just traded a Eurotek pro,which I acquired through a trade, in on a coil for my GT. I dropped my old whites classic ll off, but she wasn't home for me to show her the ropes on it. I'm thinking with the single tone on the whites, she will lose interest pretty quickly.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ANOTHER successful hunt w/ETP and I'm jealous!

Took my mum out again (her using her ETP) to one of my favorite old sites. I started off with my CZ-3D and was digging nothing but shallow modern clad. I was bent down working on retrieving something worthless when my mom appears and said I found "something". She plops a 1899 Barber quarter in my hand! She tells me there were signals all around it but she was able to zero in on the high tone even though the numbers continued to jump. Yeah I was jealous!
Rain started to come down a bit so switched to my ATP and she retreated to the truck. Ah Ha…I have the whole lot to myself and here's my chance to catch up. Or not! I continued to hunt, scooping up more shallow clad and getting wet. The rain let up and she came back out and dug a nice '11 Wheat. Well it started raining harder so we called it a day.
I ended up with 4 quarters, 15 dimes, 3 nicks, 9 pennies and a couple of iron mystery items between my two machines. She dug a 1899 Barber quarter, 1911 Wheat, 2 dimes and another penny with the EuroTek Pro. Her first Barber and her first silver of the year. I think she's warming up to the machine as all she could talk about was about how deep those two coins were and how she was able to isolate the signals amongst the trash.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're going to have to have a Nexus to keep up with her! Lol!!!! Nice finds, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update on ETP.

My mum is really coming to terms with ETP and getting quite proficient w/it. She's digging deep, she's digging often and she's really enjoying it. I guess she won't be trading me for the F2! :laughing7:
Her and my 12yo (him using F2) both out dug me again today. :BangHead:

These ETP's work lemme tell ya!

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer