What is the best all around coil for the T2?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the sharpshooter just before teknetics came out with their 5 by 10 and love it. Works better than big coil in the iron patches and covers more ground than the little coil.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock 11 is hard to beat for a general purpose coil. The small coil is fascinating in the sense that it looses very little depth based on it's size compared to detectors I have owned and tested in the past. Often the smaller coils really sacrifice depth at nearly a proportional ratio to their size when compared to say a stock 10 inch coil. From limited testing in my test garden I was floored to find that it still easily got an 8 inch dime using settings at or below where I normally set my sensitivity. As stated above, a 5x10 elliptical is now available that will probably be awesome as a primary coil, but I have yet do drop the bucks on one so the verdict is still out until I get some first hand experience with it. The long and short of it is that a bigger coil covers more ground give better depth, and a smaller coil works better in trash by not covering multiple targets at once. I always carry both and have an extra lower shaft so I can put the small one on in the trash. Best of luck on which ever you try.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
T

tabhole

Greenie
May 7, 2014
East TN
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2, Tesoro Silver u-Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. TNGUNS, I am close to you in Rockwood.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. TNGUNS, I am close to you in Rockwood.

Would be glad to get together with you sometime and hunt for a few hours. Just PM me my friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread