New Farm was a "Reale" Good Day

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone,

After speaking to many Tnet and club members they have convinced me to post a few of my hunts. So I will post todays and some of my future hunts. Still feel a bit funny about posting, but the last post wasn’t painful and the Tnet support was overwhelming.

Today, I was in RI and driving down a old farm filled area and seen a farmer in his field just sitting there in a tractor; he was obviously turning over the farm field soil. So I walked over and asked if I could detect his fields, he said “you are not going to find anything; I have let people detect these fields for years.” He then said, “Go ahead and have fun”. I began working in the right hand corner of a large square field, and gridded about 100’ x 100’ area trying to not bother the farmer. As I made pass after pass, moving very slowly and working the coil to barely touch the freshly turned soil. After a few passes, I realized this place has much to offer in terms of coins and relics. The first coin of the day was a 1925 SLQ about two inches down! The next a 1779 Spanish ½ reale (9”), then a 1921 wheat cent (6”) and finally an unknown to me foreign coin (6”) that has a 2 in the front with a date of 1890 and what looks like a German seal on the back (the 2 is not in the correct place for a German 2 Pfenning). I briefly tried to locate the origin of the coin, as of this writing have had no luck. The coin has seen better days, but if I can take a few close-up photos, I may post; someone here will know its origin. The rest of the relics and jewelry were found while completing the gridding pattern, with the marble being a surface find. I hope to hit the field sometime again before it gets to cold.

The two photos are of the cleaned (soft toothbrush) Reale and complete hunt.

Thanks for reading and GL & HH

Regards,

Doc
CAM00758.jpg CAM00759.jpg

Upvote 41

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Prof; Don't know how I missed your Thread. Reales are always welcome. Great Find. I love getting them. Keep it up. PEACE:RONB

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff, Prof! And a very cool post as well. Congrats! -Lisa & John

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello btjbti,

Lately, you both have been finding some very nice keepers. Keep up the good work!

GL & HH

Doc

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc,
Sure glad you decided to post some of your finds. What you have shown here is off the chain. Living in the early setalment parts of the.country has privileges for detectorests..
Congratulation on the latest finds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of that farmer last year that told me his family found everything! Nice work, great finds!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much for not finding anything ! Looks like a great hunt to me. Our farmers are just getting in the fields this week, and this weekend will be my first venture into the fields for this Fall. Cant wait.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day!! Spanish silver and SLQ quarters dont show up very often, Great day, Congtats!!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ran down your posts reading about many of your hunts and great finds. Was going to ask if you had found a cob yet... Answered! One of my many detecting goals. Great inspiration! Thank you!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver and finds, did you show the farmer?? :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woe that's keeping it Reale I didn't know you were one of the holy grail of finds finder. Freaking Amazing I wish we had that kind of history here .

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Love that coin! It's Reale cool!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any hunt with Spanish silver is a good hunt in my books. I actually never found a SLQ, maybe one day. Congratulations and good luck!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great 'grid'ed ' & thuro . Hunt . I can not spell & my spell-check can not either but you get my point. lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day!! Spanish silver and SLQ quarters dont show up very often, Great day, Congtats!!

Only got 1 in all my time 'a 1925 as well' & it was in N C GA . = WOW! lol

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BLK HOLE,

I actually made-up a nice 12" Riker display case of coins, relics and jewelry finds and presented to him. :icon_thumleft:

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread