new Fed rule, or just bank bs?

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a teller friend of mine say he could order $500 worth of halves. I asked him to do so this morning so we'd have something to do over the holiday weekend.
He called back and said his vault manager informed him of a new Fed rule saying halves may only be sold in volume to certain businesses. I said okay and moved on.
Yet on here, I see some of you ordering bricks of halves. How's that?

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His lazy vault manager needs to suck the powdered sugar off his donut-eating fat fingers and use them to type up an order for some halves! This is a load of BS IMO, just try another bank.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought as much, thanks guys!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - It's just money - what a bunch of BS.

Either tellers are clueless as to how money works, or they are lieing.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe a new bank policy that applies to your area. It happened to me earlier this year...they cut off every non-business account holders from ordering halves...not just a specific branch but every single one around here.

Just move your accounts somewhere else.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bank doing it's business. I posted here before our largest county bank and all it's branches will not order boxes, or rolls for any non-business customer. My branch manager said she would order coins for a recognized charity/type organization, if they had a pretty good story why they needed coins. It's the coming thing.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ask how many boxes count as 'bulk', call her up personally and tell her these are for your business. if she asks why you need them when you or your friend picks them up, tell her that you own a retail store that processes alot of change everyday. If you still have problems, just use that bank for dumping.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask how many boxes count as 'bulk', call her up personally and tell her these are for your business. if she asks why you need them when you or your friend picks them up, tell her that you own a retail store that processes alot of change everyday. If you still have problems, just use that bank for dumping.

To bad to open a business account at a bank you need to have a federal tax ID number. IF you don't have a business account, they are going to know.

OP
OP
TheMcs

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a business account with my bank. I figure that's why they said "certain business types". I didn't want to press it since the teller is willing to call when good stuff comes into his window.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad to open a business account at a bank you need to have a federal tax ID number. IF you don't have a business account, they are going to know.

Only costs what? $100 or so to get a tax id though. legalzoom.com ftw. :)

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only costs what? $100 or so to get a tax id though. legalzoom.com ftw. :)

It costs zero. Go to the irs.gov website, and find the section for getting a tax id number and answer the questions. That's what I do whenever I need a tax id number.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jr98119 said:
It costs zero. Go to the irs.gov website, and find the section for getting a tax id number and answer the questions. That's what I do whenever I need a tax id number.

Oh nice! Ill have to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread