New finds Before

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give them to the historic society.. I found a small area to hunt,There is a lot more to come from this place. Im haveing DanTheMan meet me here so we can clean this place out... The lamp is from 1864.. has the date and day its made on the turn handle and the bell thin is almost a hardball size..

Attachments

• lamp.jpg
    lamp.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 154
  • lamp2.jpg
    lamp2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 202
  • horse bell.jpg
    horse bell.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 153

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lamp looks like the 1 i found only mine is pretty tore up lol can still see th patent date on the handle though mine was 1868 and found in my backyard lol nice finds! HH

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan the man showed me where to find the date at one day... the date and when it was made is clear as day... even has pat. number on it

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today dan the man and i went back there and we hit a small pile of coins ...Im going to clean them up and post them we nailed 6 coins in one hole no lie. first time i ever got more than one coin 4 indian head i wheat and a large cent... and dan got a thomas edison token, and i got a merc.. Ill post pic in a bit

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My coins.. Dan will post his, We split up the coins due to we used one machine so i can learn how to use his spectrum

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 158

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice crotal bell. Probably mid 1800's. I have a good sized collection of them. That is a big dude! Congrats!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike from MI said:
Nice crotal bell. Probably mid 1800's. I have a good sized collection of them. That is a big dude! Congrats!
Back when I first started detecting I use to throw them away, I regret doin that but I only was after the coins, I found 2 really big ones this past winter on the day the first big snow hit that are either nickel or silver plated, first plated ones I've found. I would really like finding a solid silver one.

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuff like that would collect dust for me unless i started a dispay case ... I think its best i donate it to the county since it was there property i found it on.. Since i been giving back artifacts to the county they been giving me places and permission on areas to hunt...I like to take 1 or 2 people with so i can hit it and quit it...Things are not what they seem and dan the man can tell you that.. I been able to get on property that belongs to the county but it wouldnt be noticeable..This place to me a year to fu=ind out it was park and recreration and the guy met me there to make sure i knew what was what and what not to do...

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was cleaning some finds this also came from the site

Attachments

• Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 125

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
an 1888 indy an 1883 indy and an 1883 v-nickel and a 50 year aniiversary token from 1936 for thoas edison token

will post pice after i clean the stuff up

dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread