New friend Passed away.

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just met a fellow in the rv park named Bob, he has been helping me learn about MD. This guy has had several gold mines and is 94, I have known him for about a week and a half and he passed this morning. His favorite detecter is the Whites. So sad. My only new friend too. He spent much of his time in CA, NV, NM, AK
Just wanted to share this I will miss him.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for your loss. That fellow had a long career .. It would have been fun to hear his stories.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sorry you did not get to meet him sooner --sounded like a cool old guy. -- folks like that a rare to find these days.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the loss of your new friend, sounds like he led an interesting life, but you are a better person for knowing him even for a short time, knowledge is passed on.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that. He sounded like a great guy!

mountainman7.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Sorry to hear about your friend, but being 76, I am getting closer to that end also. Sounds like he had a good life too.
Now for the big question, did he tell you where the gold is located? Hay every one else was afraid to ask! Frank...
SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg It's the end of every ones story!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks he was getting to telling me many stories, he spent many years alone in the desert and met his wife out there too.
I have a chunk of metal to remember him by, I think you guys call slag, I am going to keep it. Looks like meteorite, but after reading here most likely is slag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your friend, but being 76, I am getting closer to that end also. Sounds like he had a good life too.
Now for the big question, did he tell you where the gold is located? Hay every one else was afraid to ask! Frank...
View attachment 950366 It's the end of every ones story!

His old trailer is saggin in the middle! He has many fine guns, one is gold plated even locks are gold.
Losing my only source of good friendship is the loss tho.:icon_scratch:

goober

Jun 2, 2013
sw lower mi
Detector(s) used
fisher 1260.yea its old.fisher 2 box. gold bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear about your friend,those old folks are a wealth of info&history.and just fun to talk to. im almost 60,and the young guys at work like to listen to me talk about "the old days" 60 AINT OLD! anyway feel blessed you got to know him.

OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's heavy, hard my knife doesn't scratch it, it isn't magnetic and my Bounty Hunter doesn't see it even on all metal mode.:icon_scratch:
So what is it?:hello2:
:laughing7: So what is it please?:hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His wife fell a few does ago from a stroke and he had 3 already, the wife was rehabbing him she fell and we called 911 for her, she had no family so my wife and I was taking care of Bob until she got better since no one else would, meals on wheels came once a day no one would give his meds so we did, his wife will be home tomorrow and thankfully is daughter came saturday night, next morning we were going to take him to see his wife for the first time since she fell a week and a half ago, he got up feeling bad and looked bad so we decided to call 911, they came walked him out put him in we left for the hospital he died during transport.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Deming NM, would that be the ESCAPEE, or the LoW High campground? I have stayed at both. Go to Rockhound State Park and the rangers there will identify your rock. It is just south of Deming. Frank...
MN  Stanton Az 04.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread