All Treasure Hunting

JayInGA

Nov 24, 2012
South of Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome BrettGa2, I'm new to metal detecting after researching it for years now. I'm new here also, I was just wondering do you know of any clubs here in central Georgia?

OP
OP
B

brettga2

Greenie
Dec 31, 2012
southeast georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I would like to say Thank you to everyone that welcomed me to the site !
Hey
JayInGA
I apologize for the late response I have been very busy at work and digging in the dirt.
I joined the GPAA and they have a lot of clubs like I am sure a lot of treasure sites and clubs do, what I have found out in all my searchings are most of the clubs are a very long drive for me to get to so I just focus mainly on the areas I know and at my age I have traveled and met a lot of people in a 100 mile radius
so I just utilize the resources I have.

If I can give you any advice at all in metal detecting it will be think out of the box, ask yourself where is someone most likely to drop something and start at those places.
Being down here in the south a good place to start are those family burn piles like where the old folks burn their trash, you would be surprised what they throw in those piles and burn, .

Also I would swing by a local clinic and get a tetnus shot in case you get cut buy any rusty metal by accident.
Hope this helps
Also always ask permission and re-fill any holes you dig and say Thank you to the owners

Last edited:

JayInGA

Nov 24, 2012
South of Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off I would like to say Thank you to everyone that welcomed me to the site !
Hey
JayInGA
I apologize for the late response I have been very busy at work and digging in the dirt.
I joined the GPAA and they have a lot of clubs like I am sure a lot of treasure sites and clubs do, what I have found out in all my searchings are most of the clubs are a very long drive for me to get to so I just focus mainly on the areas I know and at my age I have traveled and met a lot of people in a 100 mile radius
so I just utilize the resources I have.

If I can give you any advice at all in metal detecting it will be think out of the box, ask yourself where is someone most likely to drop something and start at those places.
Being down here in the south a good place to start are those family burn piles like where the old folks burn their trash, you would be surprised what they throw in those piles and burn, .

Also I would swing by a local clinic and get a tetnus shot in case you get cut buy any rusty metal by accident.
Hope this helps
Also always ask permission and re-fill any holes you dig and say Thank you to the owners

Thanks for the info man, if your ever around the area and have some time let me know. I take my kids out with me Mding and have so much fun with them. Their imagination is so vivid. We'll find something weird and they'll keep guessing to what it is and how it was used.....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread