New from Texas

ulm4lyf

Mar 13, 2013
Mesquite, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. Today I bought my first metal detector, a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver from Academy. I have always been interested in finding old junk and trying to figure out the history of it. I go with my wife to antique shows and I have bought something exactly twice. Both times what I bought turned out to be counterfeit coins! I figure that at least by digging up a counterfeit coin it has to be better than paying for it. Anyway, I took it for a spin in the front yard and found some scrap iron, a brass spigot, and a 1984 penny. Nothing impressive but it sure was a nice day to be outside! Hopefully I will have better finds to share in the future. Does anyone know about rules and regulations about digging in public parks and schools around Dallas? I teach, so I'm pretty sure I would be fine at my own school, but as for others, I don't want the cops called on me for looking like some creep. Once again, glad to be here and I have bookmarked this site. Can't wait to read about all the cool finds and stories here.

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Wear your identification at other schools in your district...:icon_scratch:you could tell the cops that some of your students have lost their motivation and you're looking for it.:icon_thumleft:

ret :tchest:

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions