New from Texas

ulm4lyf

Mar 13, 2013
Mesquite, TX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone. Today I bought my first metal detector, a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver from Academy. I have always been interested in finding old junk and trying to figure out the history of it. I go with my wife to antique shows and I have bought something exactly twice. Both times what I bought turned out to be counterfeit coins! I figure that at least by digging up a counterfeit coin it has to be better than paying for it. Anyway, I took it for a spin in the front yard and found some scrap iron, a brass spigot, and a 1984 penny. Nothing impressive but it sure was a nice day to be outside! Hopefully I will have better finds to share in the future. Does anyone know about rules and regulations about digging in public parks and schools around Dallas? I teach, so I'm pretty sure I would be fine at my own school, but as for others, I don't want the cops called on me for looking like some creep. Once again, glad to be here and I have bookmarked this site. Can't wait to read about all the cool finds and stories here.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Wear your identification at other schools in your district...:icon_scratch:you could tell the cops that some of your students have lost their motivation and you're looking for it.:icon_thumleft:

ret :tchest:

Last edited:
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back