OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy said:
Hey Bran,

You look like "The Rock" in the pic where you are giving the hang loose sign.
Watcha got cookin'

Good Pics :thumbsup:

Ha, ha... seriously?
The funny thing is, that's not my arm in that picture, that's Joey's arm.
And the look on my face was in response to him feeling the "need" to do that in every single pic we took that day! lol

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:
Glad to see ya hon. Hope you had a great time at home and happy to see you are over being sick. maybe you can buzz on over now and we can hunt. Give me a call when you want to go.

Yep, we had an awesome time at home!! ;D
I'm glad I'm not sick anymore either! That stuff is for the birds...
Well you'll have to remind me whenever is a good time to come out.
I went out hunting yesterday down in Crane, MO with Josh (hollywood13185) and a couple of other non-TreasureNet guys from Aurora... it was pretty fun, though I only managed to find a couple pennies at the park we were at. We may hit up an old 1800's school site today, if they decide to go back out.

Bran <><

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
godisnum1 said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Glad to see ya hon. Hope you had a great time at home and happy to see you are over being sick. maybe you can buzz on over now and we can hunt. Give me a call when you want to go.

Yep, we had an awesome time at home!! ;D
I'm glad I'm not sick anymore either! That stuff is for the birds...
Well you'll have to remind me whenever is a good time to come out.
I went out hunting yesterday down in Crane, MO with Josh (hollywood13185) and a couple of other non-TreasureNet guys from Aurora... it was pretty fun, though I only managed to find a couple pennies at the park we were at. We may hit up an old 1800's school site today, if they decide to go back out.

Bran <><

That park has been hunted hard. Steve and I hunted it a couple of times and didnt find much.
I will be hunting just out of Crane tomorrow....

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:
That park has been hunted hard. Steve and I hunted it a couple of times and didnt find much.
I will be hunting just out of Crane tomorrow....

Well, Josh managed to pull a silver ring from it with his Safari... and Brandon (not me) had a HUGE handful of random coins and a token! I only managed a couple of pennies. :-\

All of us guys just hit up two separate places in Aurora today. We hiked up into the hills to a spot we heard might have some promise to it... but I think all that was found there was a wheatie. Next we headed over to that school site... but there had been buildings added onto the original building, and now it's being used as a "coon hunt" meeting spot. That place had more pull tabs than I had EVER seen in my life!!! I managed to pull some clad from 1980 (a quarter & penny) and another penny.
Josh had a great button find though! It was really sweet looking... we're thinking a possible uniform cuff button. I'll let him tell more about it though.

Bran <><

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Hey Bran I found out that button is a Military great seal button used from 1902 to present. With the amount of crust thats on it tho Id say its early 1900s, not civil war liked we'd hoped but maybe next time. Josh :thumbsup:

Attachments

• button.jpg
    button.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 1,035
OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Josh!! Looks even better in the picture too!
Like you said, too bad there's no gilt on it... but there's always next time!!

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
great pictures Bran...looks like you had fun that day!!!! Keep 'em coming they are fun to look at. t.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
The more I look at these pictures I can't help but think ....:idea1:

You two could be the next members of .... New Kids on the Block ... ;D

Lol ~ Nick

Too bad those "New Kids" have now been around the block a few times, and are probably closer to your age than ours. :wink:

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
what's up Bran, see you've got yourself an Italian troll who actually made a reference to NKOTB, lol, good luck with that.

Ha, ha... it's just my buddy, Nick. He's a cool guy... :wink:

Bran <><

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Bran they were in their late teens when my little girl was in her early teens and she is 32 now, oh wow that makes them oh so close to the dreaded "40" ! My how time flies!

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, it's crazy to think about... :wink:

Bran <><

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Bran...great to see some updated pics. Always good to see that smile on your face, hope to hunt with you again soon.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Judie! :)

Hopefully I can fly back up for the CTH3 trip in October.

Miss you! :wink:

Bran <><

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy it, Bran!
You will only walk this path once... Hmmmm... What passage was that? Help me out! Great pics! TTC

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Mugs Pics Bran, I love Florida, me and my family have spent several vacations there.

HH Joe

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what passage you were referring to Terry... :icon_study:

And thanks Joe! It's a great state for sure!!
I think I'll just be missing all this history up here in good ol' Missouri when I leave though. :-\
Good thing Florida has its own unique history. ;D

Bran <><

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran, your right each state does have it's own history, I just replied to some CW posts, that I wish I could find CW relics.
Hard to come by here in Indiana. :'(

HH Joe

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finman said:
Bran, your right each state does have it's own history, I just replied to some CW posts, that I wish I could find CW relics.
Hard to come by here in Indiana. :'(

HH Joe

Yeah, understandable Joe... but that's where good, solid research comes in. You'd be surprised what will turn up with some valuable research!!!

I do wish we could organize a relic hunt for CW era artifacts. It would be a grand time! :)

Bran <><

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right about research Bran, I think that's half the fun of this hobby.

Peace Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread