New guy from Northeast Ohio!!!!

bigjamesinohio

Greenie
Apr 3, 2013
Hello new friends!
I am James I live in Montville Ohio and am pretty new to treasure hunting and metal detecting. I own a new Tesoro DeLeon. I have gone out a few times then the snow hit and I have been dying to get out and do some digging. I have done a little research about my area and have found some interesting things that I would love to check out. If anybody has any suggestions or comments I would love to hear from you. Any other members in my area that have a sweet spot to turn me onto, I am pretty close to the beaches of Lake Erie and am looking forward to sweeping the sands there. I hope to hear from you all soon! and THANK YOU

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma, this is THE best site- you'll like it here. HH...

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from N.E. Ohio, specifically Ashtabula County!!

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bigjames, Yes I have done some research on it. From what I understand from talking to some people, the area has been hunted to death. Most anything of interest or value was melted in the fire that occurred after the train crashed to the ground. In my opinion there is NO gold to be found either. If it was carrying gold, I think it would have been found when they dug pilings for the new bridge, a few years later. Just my 2 cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread