New guy from Y-town, OH

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No...to far a way here!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I lived in Youngstown on Benita St when I was a pup. I understand Youngstown has had it pretty rough with the economy and allot of people have moved out. I read an article about all the empty old houses being torn down because no one was moving in. Sure enough, I looked at Benita St and there was I believe one house left on it. I would start scoping out those areas. No telling how many silver dimes I dropped in the grassy spot between the sidewalk and curb waiting for the ice cream man. ;D

OP
OP
O

Ohio Digger

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2010
Youngstown has definitely had its rough times. They are doing a good thing though by tearing down alot of the vacant homes though. It's sad to see some of the old places fall but they haven't looked good in some time. I'd love to hunt some of the abandoned houses but not one of them is in a neighborhood I'd feel comfortable in or welcomed. That's why if I can find a buddy to atleast hunt some of these spots it might be a little better.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ohio Digger and welcome.

Try posting in the Ohio forum and maybe even the Pa forum for a partner. Both forums are way at the bottom of the home page for some reason. Pa. isn't too far off from you and I think there's some guys up around the Grove City area that may say hi.

Good Luck,
Al

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I am at the other end of Ohio. Next to the Indiana and Michigan lines....Matt

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
Al you forgot me. Hubby and I have a house now in New Castle,Pa .I will be there full time in may ,11

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions