New guy with question

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Whatever detector you get, you need to become familiar with how to use it. It doesn't matter whether you get a $100 detector or a $1000 detector, If you don't know how to use it right you won't find much valuable stuff and will just find a bunch of junk.

Its kinda like the .45 pistol vs .22 pistol debate. If you buy a .45 pistol but cant hit the side of a barn, what good is it? But if you have a .22 and can shoot the wings off a butterfly, you have a much more effective weapon.

OP
OP
M

mikeeo

ok thanks for the reply , I'm going to grab it and play around, must be better that the 2' one I used to play with from the 80s... if not easier on the back .

Ill post back with some results once I get out with it.

Im just getting into the hobby and wouldn't mind finding some more resources . Any web sites you can recommend ?

Thanks.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Your on the best one now.... take a peek around at all the boards. More resources here than you can shake a stick at!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM.YOU HAVE STARTED M.DING AND SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND MY CHOOSE FOR AN M.D IS A MINELAB GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS ON YOUR FINDS

TINPAN

A

agbonanza

Welcome to the forum and the hobby...learn you MD and it will work for you. I think Bounty Hunters are pretty decent...I own one and it does pretty good for me...Happy hunting!!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MIKE,Welcome To The Forum, I Have Been Detecting For 35Yrs, Mostly CW Relics, And I Can Guarantee That What Ever Detector You Start With Will Be Way Ahead Of The One I Started With. Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 088.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 088.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,776
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 088.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 088.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,779
OP
OP
M

mikeeo

I can remeber using a Viking MD back in the day , something Eatons marketed i believe.
ran off a 9v battery. Was only 2-3' tall , thanks for the input and welcome, I post back with some loot when I return.
Happy Hunting, Hey now I know what the HH is 8)

B

BIG61AL

Hello and welcome. My first detector was a bounty hunter and it was my last bounty hunter. I use a whites prizm with a big foot coil now. My suggetion is to buy a good mid range priced detector. Whites, Garrett and Minelab are my three top quality brands I like. The best way to start this hobby is learn target ID and pin pointing. Get a detector that is good at those and get hand held pin pointer and you can can really have fun! Nothing is better than pulling a coin out of the ground and not seeing the hole it came out of. With my bounty hunter I was digging a hole the size paper plate. Now somethimes i can pull up a coin with just my finger.
HH
AL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread