New guy

Welcome aboard to the addicting worl of treasure/relic hunting. :thumbsup:

This place is filled lots of good folks that offer their knowledge and info to help out. Once again, welcome and Happy Hunting.

P.S.
What type of mo-chine you swinging?

Hey Newguy....

Brazos County is RICH in early Texas History,.....old Boonville, Millican and several other areas along near there are great places. Civil War troops were scattered all around Millican due to an epidemic and there were training camps and huge troop movement through-out the area. There are several GREAT books that you can read about the county. While the county was chartered in 1842,....it goes back much earlier,....as it was previously named Navasota County and of course that was originally formed out of Washington County. I've spent MANY great hours detecting the area !

Good Luck !

HHg

Thanks for the welcome everyone. You're right HHG. I'm having as much fun researching the history of this place as I am detecting. I got permission to hunt a spot on the original townsite of Bryan this morning where they tore down an old building to put up a fast food joint. I found my first silver coin (1941 mercury dime). They start construction monday so I guess I'll get another hunt tomorrow and thats it. I wish I was better at this because I'm sure I missed lots of stuff. There was just so much trash that I had a hard time. I bought the detector because I live just off of Old San Antonio Road and hope to find some stuff on my place. So far I've found several bullets, a horseshoe and a few newer pennies. I've ordered Texdots study of OSR and have been prowling used book stores for material. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Roek,

Welcome to a fascinating hobby.

I myself am located in Brazos County.
Been metal detecting for about 2 years in our area.

Contact me thru PM, so we can make arrangements for a hunt.

3D_Tex Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back