Met someone out detecting......

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Went over to Grand Prairie to see if I could find some coins with my Ace. I'm kinda shy about getting out on those playgrounds if there are too many folks around, so I drove around a couple of times, and on my third time saw someone with a detector. We talked a few minutes, then he showed me how he hunted for coins with his Whites V6. This was a big open field away from the playground and I wasn't too sure if we'd find anything.
I told him about you kind and friendly folks on tnet, but he said he didn't have a computer. He showed me all he found that morning. Man, my jaw dropped! He pulled out two handfuls of coins, tokens and whatzits. I said I wasn't too sure about finding anything in this park, but he said "I guarantee you, its full of coins." He left to go pick up his granddaughter from school. He told me to keep looking here, so, I did.
I wish I had taken his name and number, just to let him know how I did. I only could stay a few more minutes myself, because of my own kiddos. I know I should dig everything, but, of course, I didn't. It seemed like everything was a poptop! But after about 10 minutes I decided to dig one that seemed to ring on 3 or 4 places in a 12 inch circle. I couldn't believe it---it was a dime, just like the ace said. But, it rang again, and another dime!! Well, I know this is long winded, but I ended up with 3 dimes, a quarter, and 2 pennies on that one spot.
It only goes to show----I need to dig everything!!! No telling what I missed on the ones I just passed over.
I really appreciated him helping me, and I will be seeing him again. He said he just joined the club over in Irving. Can't wait to see him next month at the meeting. I am definitely going.
Thanks for listening. DB

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
:thumbsup: Good deal DUstBuster. Sounds you like you found a great find with the coins and a friend. Happy Hunting!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what you mean. I won't hunt when there's a crowd. Too much of a distraction. I like to concentrate :icon_sunny:

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great. Hope you enjoy the club. I went on a Sat. hunt with them and it was fun being with people who really know what they are doing. I have a new ACE 250 and live north of the airport. If you ever want to hit a park together, that would be fun. I am going to visit the north Dallas club next month and see if it feels like a good fit. I know I have a lot to learn. Happy Hunting---

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Thanks for listening to my rambling. I appreciate all the help I can get. Several members have told me to join a club, and that's exactly what I am going to do. This forum has opened up a whole new world of adventure and fun for me. Now, if I could just find some silver.......
To Redwolf74: There is a club in FTW, I think its Called Cowtown Treasure Hunters. I have seen their name a lot on the web, and someone here at TN pm'd me about them. Sounds like their worth the visit.
Good luck,DB

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
THE COWTOWN TREASURE HUNTERS CLUB MEETS THIS THURSDAY.
Meetings

Meeting Date: 3rd Thursday of each month

Time: 7:00 p.m.

American Legion Post #569

400 West Felix Street

Fort Worth, Texas 76115

hope to see you there

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I am in the Dallas/Richardson area and am always looking for new spots, and folks to go hunting with....drop me a line sometime and let's hunt...
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread