New Guy

etracjoe

Greenie
Nov 19, 2009
Hello all. I have been a member for awhile now but have not really posted. Pretty much have just been tuning in. I know alot of you guys frown upon this but I just cannot resist. Ive been a member of a credit union for awhile now and they pretty much cater to me. Im nothing special actually they cater to all their members. I buy many boxes of halves, nickels, pennys, dimes etc from them, and they encourage me to dump in there coin machine that has no fees. No questions asked. Ive recently switched to halves only. But the machine only has a $1000 limit so it takes a long time. I do between $15-25k a week at this cu and I thought by now the employees, especially the ones that pull the bags from the machine would hate my guts, but no, they are very polite with me and when they hear that the bag is full they are there within less than a minute to place a new one in. With a smile!! I wish I lived a little closer to there main branch because they have 2 of these machines side by side. One lady even told me that I could give all the coin to one of the tellers and they will put it through a machine that they have in the back room. I dont even have to be present. The only problem with that is it will not credit my account for 24 hours.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy mackeral! I have a HEFTY account with my CU, they won't order for me, and I know they curse me under their breath if they have to change out more than one bag because of me. What a dream setup you have there! I would be afraid of getting my dumps back though. ffd

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
nice set up... my CU is run like a drive through with the "shoot" thing, and once got dimes and they put 25 in tube each time vs walking out of the bank and handing me the box... never got coins again from there.

my other bank is tired of lifting the boxes... as if they are so busy with other stuff... gzz it is good exercise i tell them :D

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
it is good to hear. i would enjoy it while it lasts. most banks hate us and what we do. we cause their employees extra work and they don't make anything off of us. my dump bank hates me. they have tried everything short of closing my account to get rid of me. i am sure i have been the topic of conversation on numerous occasions

OP
OP
E

etracjoe

Greenie
Nov 19, 2009
Yes unfortunately I will slow way back now that I can break out the detector again. Also work gets very hectic this time of year as I work in highway paving. Theres always next winter. :headbang:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My credit union is great too.
I once asked for halves. They didnt have any but called their main branch 12-15 miles away. The main branch had half a bag. They said come back tomorrow and I did. The vault manager had driven (in her own car) and delivered them for me. When I came in to pick them up they brought them out, put them on the counter and said "there is silver in there" I had never told them the reason for wanting them.

They were right about the silver. Every handful had silver in it and most were 90% JFK-Liberty-Ben One of my best single scores. It has been more than a year, can't remember the totals.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Cyberdan, that reminds me of the one and only bag I bought off my CU. It was 2/3 my dumps but I still scored 10 - 90's and 25 - 40's. What was I thinking, if I would have bought the original bag out of the counter, I would have bought "an old man's entire collection" of halves. I was a newbie and had not yet comprehended the idea of buying bags (off of the counter.) ffd

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
bad news guys and gals. One of my banks just got a new Coin Counter. It's free to use/dump. However, it rejects silver and foreign coins. That means buying the bags when full is now worthless :( :( :( :( :(.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread