New here, and looking for help to identify artifact

chicamuxen

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2020
Southern Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all. I just found this website/forum. I live in a area where i have found, and continue to find indian artifacts. Such as spear points, arrow heads and tools. Some are a no brainer to identify, and others not so sure. So looking foward to interacting with this community.

I am attaching a picture of the latest one i found. But not sure what it is. Hope someone can help.
Thank you, Danny IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0085.JPG

Upvote 0

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net:icon_thumleft:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I just found this website/forum. I live in a area where i have found, and continue to find indian artifacts. Such as spear points, arrow heads and tools. Some are a no brainer to identify, and others not so sure. So looking foward to interacting with this community.

I am attaching a picture of the latest one i found. But not sure what it is. Hope someone can help.
Thank you, Danny View attachment 1790278 View attachment 1790278

Hey Danny! Welcome to TNET!
Personally, I don't think it's NA. If you think it's an arrow shaft straightener, the grove is not uniform enough. JMHO Keep pickin' 'em up!:thumbsup:

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Danny from Texas :wave:

The groove shows a natural result of weathering. I’ve seen rocks with grooves like that. Like T.C. said it depends on how deep the groove and how constantly used it may look.

OP
OP
C

chicamuxen

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2020
Southern Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you all for the replies. I have attached three pictures showing my collection. Quite a few are no brainers. Some are questionable, but being as they came from the same area, i saved them. IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0088.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the replies. I have attached three pictures showing my collection. Quite a few are no brainers. Some are questionable, but being as they came from the same area, i saved them. View attachment 1790318 View attachment 1790318

And here is the last picture.

Welcome to TreasureNet. You do have some artifacts and you have some that are just rocks, these fall under just rocks.

Last edited:

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The first pic is just a rock in my opinion, also the first frame. The next frame has some artifacts in it. The last one is just rocks.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
There may be a scraper and a net weight with 3 notches in that first frame, again maybe!

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do have some nice points , a lot of the other bigger items are prob just debitage , not every rock is going to be an artifact even if your hunting on top a old camp ground or village.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I think what you have is a cast fossil. Probably a crinoid stem, but maybe a piece of coral or a worm hole. Several other nice artifacts in your cases, and several rocks. Welcome to site. Look forward to seeing more finds.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yes, like what was said before....i would separate the "no brainers" from everything else. all pointy rocks are not artifacts. Look for edge work and stop concentrating on shape.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome thanks for sharing you can learn alot on this site I think your gonna like it. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread