New here--anyone interested in Jesse James history in KY-- I Found

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the show i watched did say JJ was tied to the KGC and was financed by them ,, but i do not remember any proof other then there word.
as for this show if it was the same you are talking about i am nto sure if it was Mr Pastore or not , but this guy on the show i am talking about used wall carvings and said 1 of them was a map and actually found a jar of gold coins in one of the spots , he later went to a field and used a 2 piece drag MD to try and find a large cache but the show ended without him finding it .
but the part i am more interested in is the cave carvings like this poster has found. if the show was legit then there may be a cache buried near this cave .

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pastore did not find a jar with gold coins, one was found with the silver dollars which were planted to make a good story, the show was not legit. Do some research and you will be better able to discern what is legit or not. One treasure hunter I know who has hunted with Pastore said Pastore could not read the marks or signs and this show was staged. Pastore later had to close his museum in Kansas. I haven't seen any follow up on what was buried at the site where they cancelled their search. The cave with the carvings in Ky is just one county up from the county Jesse James uncle Hite had his farm, also Jesse and some members of his gang spent quite a lot of time in Ky with Mr. Hite before and after their forays.

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mical66: We are talking about the same show concerning a treasure hunt in Kansas by Pastore. Are you a newbee?

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mical66: We are talking about the same show concerning a treasure hunt in Kansas by Pastore. Are you a newbee?

i guess i am a newbee at many things packmanone . but maybe my memory is not as young and new as it once was, i was sure he found mason jar lids at 2/3 spots and a broken jar of gold coins at the other , not silver . but i will be first to say i may be wrong and it was silver,,,just not how i remember it.
was the newbee remark directed toward something else or did that answer your question ?

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luckydadigger, do you have any further information concerning this cave with markings or your pursuit of the perhaps concealed items of interest at your area, or any comments about the resposes to your inquiry?

Takelababy

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just tho't of something. As a kid I tried carving/scratching my first initial, J, into a rock. I'd forgotten about this. What I discovered is that it's easier for a right handed person to make the J backwards rather than doing it correctly. Either that or Jesse James was dyslexic.

ramhunter

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandfather and great-grandfather told many stories about Jesse James staying with them. They say there was a picture and I recently found a picture in my Mom's poke pictures and there is a man that has a flower pinned on his shirt that was found in his effects according to the movies. How would I verify?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have truly found a great site, I would think long and hard about sharing it with any stranger, professional or not. Provided it is safe enough to hunt alone better to go at it slowly and by yourself. I don't think you will mess it up it may just take you longer but that is okay.

Many a a hunter here has had a site taken over by a "friend" hunter. Don't let it happen to you.

thearmbarkid

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife recently inherited an interesting coin. Her great great grandfather or some such thing was standing outside the Ocobock Brothers' Bank in Corydon Iowa, as a young boy in 1871. While most of the town was in church, 4 members of the James-Younger gang robbed the bank. On their way out of the bank, Jesse James flipped my wife's great great grandfather a coin and said "tell the town the James Gang just robbed this bank." On their way out of town, they yelled something similar to the church-folk, and dared the town's residents to give chase.

Anyway, probably no way to "prove" it to the history snobs, since Jesse James didn't really do the COA thing, and there's probably no way to really put a dollar value on such a thing. Still cool to have some US history in my home.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep it to yourself,even when you find it,best thing you can do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread