New here--anyone interested in Jesse James history in KY-- I Found

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all...I know of a cliff cave that has Jesses name carved on a rock, j's backwards dated 1876..Am considering a dig, rumor ( from old timers around here )is it dates back to at least to 1930..Im a rookie digger, and i dont want to mess the site up..Ive seen it with my own eyes, I have pictures, but will only take inquiries in private or email- [email protected]..I did as of this week and must wait till Ive spoken more with him contact a historian in California who is interested in any recoveries..I am in KY so if you interested..just contact me...GREAT FORUM!!!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lucky,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
In this forum's search box, type in "Jesse James" (with the same quote marks). You will find many threads on Treasure Net that mention his name--some threads/posts may be of special interest to you.
Don.....

OP
OP
L

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
In this forum's search box, type in "Jesse James" (with the same quote marks). You will find many threads on Treasure Net that mention his name--some threads/posts may be of special interest to you.
Don.....

Thanks Don will do...I did look and this is a edit..I seen how a persons signature could be a map..This particular rock that has Jesses name and 1876 below it shows him signing his name with backwards j's, both being fish hook J's..Whats got me curious if it were fake how could anyone in that time era ( the 30's) known Jesse did that..Im very convinced its real cause the path out of ky jesse would have taken runs straight by it, next to an old railroad that had been completed a couple years earlier..If I were an outlaw or not and needed a very secure shelter out of wind flood rain and cold, safety of indians, and this is along the old tradewater river in KY where indians, settlers all could meet to trade under truce, this would have been the place..I did not mention cause Im not much for rimors, but old rumor had it that some gold or coins were buried there perhaps in a cliff hole....also the fish hook J's Ive learned were a way to signify such a burial..WHAT I NEED is expericened finders to help me search the area so I dont along with some rookies mess it up..again, it may be nothing but my gut tells me different..This ian over 1 inch carving that would have took time and why would someone do Jesses name instead of their own?? Insight is appreciated..anyone???

Last edited:

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have a boulder with J's, CLM, and other marks on it in OK, it may be viewed partially on okietreasurehunter blog site. This one is approximately 12 miles south of Frank James house north of Fletcher, Ok.

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a lost on here years ago about a cave in KY where it had Jesse James name carved in script and directions to money buried in the cave, it was taken down about a week later and nothing heard again about this, the date in it was also 1876.

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my last I said lost but meant post. In March 5th 1876 Jesse supposidely carved the brass bucket contract in Ok and 6 months later in September he was involved in the Northfield bank robbery, so between those dates he could have been in Ky where he had relatives.

OP
OP
L

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a lost on here years ago about a cave in KY where it had Jesse James name carved in script and directions to money buried in the cave, it was taken down about a week later and nothing heard again about this, the date in it was also 1876.

Interesting Pack....I truely believe this to be the real deal..I just hope i dont screw it up digging, Im not too expericenced with detectors and such..Thx for your replys friend

OP
OP
L

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sloan..I was contacted by a few people from out of state to offer their services, but Im not so sure about their intent..all they seem to wanna talk about was looting...See for me its not about the money,Ive been broke all my life..It more about obtain credit in the books for discovery..history.....tho make no mistake if loot was found I'd hold my hand out..Shoot a tin mug bearing Jesses name would tickle me....You know the carving was at least 1 inch deep so someone made real effort there..Also the pic I sent to someone had an anominally about it that to them indicated KGC coding, whatever that meant?? Hopefully someone with a passion and knowledge of "the dig"/ "how to dig" will step up soon,cause if not I'll take a couple hillbillys with me and try...I just order a bounty hunter, I hope that helps me, but I think I may need a pointer as well , just cant afford it right now...I don't think its going to be a hard dig, it just needs to be thorough...Its a cool place man and i was thinking last night since I didn't look to hard if their were anymore carvings.. and since its along some cliffs beside the Tradewater River that I'd perhaps find several Indian artifacts inc arrowheads which we have plenty of in this area..in fact I know of a place on any given day a person can find arrowheads and flint by the hand fulls....one thing is for certain tho, its about a 100% guarantee I'll probably mess this dig up...haaaaa..BUT YES indeed Ill keep yas informed, after I get out of the limo hehe

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where in K Y do you live? i live in a little town called magnolia , it is east of E-town. I would like to meet some one who is close by to D T with. Rite now im building a hookah dive unit to hit under water. Also like to sluice and pan for gold. Hadn't found any in K Y yet but some day maybe. Sounds like you have a good spot, i like the cave part, would like to find one close by here. Any way keep us posted on your hunt. ( have a good one)

OP
OP
L

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
62, Im in a town called Isley...I gotta take this cat at his word, but suppossively and he swears to the high heavens above, but a dude ( eddie) ,actually was married to my neice at one time swears about 8 years ago he found a chuck of gold on a rock in a creek behind his house that he took to a local pawn shop and sold for 1400 bucks..Ive no reason to not believe him but i didnt see it..This creek does branch off the tradewater river which has cliffs and caves at many spots along its path..believe me if I knew how to find gold I'd tread the waters, its not that deep..Thanks for your interest..I am in the process of getting myself a team and a nice metal detector to look into this cliff cave..also Ive found out that an old stagecoach line used to run thru a place about 3 miles from that cave and legend has it that Jesse spent some time at that place also...

LASTLY CAN ANYONE TELL ME..Does the name "COOPER" have any signifence to Jesse James????

California Kidd

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow i am fascinated by Jesse James. I wouldnt be able to wait to check out that cave. Let us know how it goes and take pictures! The name COOPER could reference one of the James gang minor members Ben Cooper. It is believed that Ben Cooper took part in the gangs first robbery.

OP
OP
L

Luckydadigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks for that info about Cooper..its hard to make out that name but its obvious " cooper" or it may mean nothing cause there are some locals thats carved their names in other rocks..Someone at somepoint appears to have tried to chip jesse's name out of the rock, they must have given up cause its still there..Ill post pictures soon...another thing interesting...Now heres a kicker..The name on the rock is spelled as Jesseejames..with the second J having a fish hook, could be considered as a backwards j..sorta looks like an anchor..I talked to a historian, who told me Jesse was part of a group called KGC and his could be coding using that J and using and extra e in his name,which he said could mean east or evening ? I do not know....We plan of doing a serch in march, a fellow in a town close to mine has offered his assistence and skill..Ill keep yas posted

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was no Cooper involved with Jesse James gang that I have found and I have been studying this venue for over 50 years, also Jesse had no connections to the KGC organization which went defunk after the civil war, sorry no mego deposits by the KGC so don't spend any time investigating that possability.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently watched a show where a guy had several of JJ cave/hideouts pinpointed and what he discovered was if there was a coin stash near bye JJ would have carved a mini map around the area that had his initials . This guy actually deciphered 1 of the maps on the wall to a creek bed near the cave that had a Y in the creek and there were 3 spots marked on the map , 2 of the spots he found mason jar lids but the 3rd spot he found a jar of gold coins…. If I can think of the name of the show ill Pm you. Best of luck.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packmanone;3198221 Jesse had no connections to the KGC organization which went defunk after the civil war .[/QUOTE said:
And why do you say that?

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And why do you say that?
Due to my 50 plus years of research as well as others research which does not substantuate any connections between the James or Youngers to the defunk KGC organization and their mythical mega billion dollar deposits contrived by the con man Orvus Lee Houk(Hawk, Jesse James 111,Jesse Lee James etc.) The TV program featuring a treasure search in Kansas by Mr. Pastore was contrived to promote him, his museum, etc and they were using a bogus map contrived by Orvus Lee Houk contained in his book(black book) by he and Del Shrader which was written after J Frank Dalton appeared in Lawton Ok claiming to be Jesse James who also was a con man and wrote many stories published in Texas, his story is also bunk.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great stuff, keep up the great work!!! There was like an 2 hour show on Jesse James buried loot in KY I believe can't remember and they found mason jars with silver dollars in them near markings from Jesse.

packmanone

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2008
ok
Detector(s) used
fisher, garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "black book" can be bought on Amazon for $150.00, written by Del Schrader and Jesse Lee James. I have the books written in Lawton Ok, Jesse James Rides Again, written in 1948 by Lahoma Press which details material about J Frank Daltons claims to being Jesse James, also Orvus Lee Houk, Joe Hunter, Brushy Bill Roberts(who claimed to be Billie The Kid,and many others as well as photos. Joe Hunter found the Tea Kettle on Belle Hedlunds farm at Cement Ok at Buzzards Roost where Frank James had searched when he lived in OK. Joe found the Kettle with the watch, coins etc as well as a copper map concealed on the Roost in a cave like place on the NE side almost at the top. I came in posession of the watch as well as Joe Hunters maps, some of which were copies from hides, as well as other manuscripts, pictures, etc. All of this has been discussed extensively on Ancient Lost Treasure Forums as well as this forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread