ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it "thud" instead of "clink" when dropped on a table/other coin?

If it "thuds", put it in a thick plastic tumbler, place your hand over the tumbler opening, and shake the heck out of it. You'll see just exactly what you have there.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can put a pic on here. By the way, while I was fishing the South Snake on vacation a few years back, I lost a $1,000.00. My ATM card quit on me, so I had to bring cash with me. I put ten, hundred dollar bills in a small water proof plastic container and had it in my pocket. Well when we got to the river, it was hot and we wet waded and the water proof container floated up out of my pocket and all I could think about is I hope someone who needed the money more than me found it. I do love fly fishing in your state.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bro lives in Idaho & has hunted some boxes up there. I had a pretty good score from about $170 in CWRs last summer in Boise. Found 50+ silvers, so I know there is some good stuff up there. Good luck, and let us know how you do!

Attachments

• image-1056109498.jpg
    image-1056109498.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 112
OP
OP
nfldad

nfldad

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2013
Nampa, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it thuds, what does that mean? im sure it wasn't made of metal.. i dont have a pic of it, sorry..

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it thuds, what does that mean? im sure it wasn't made of metal.. i dont have a pic of it, sorry..

If it thuds, its likely a magician's coin. Put it in a tumbler, shake the heck out of it and it'll likely pop open revealing another coin (usually a British large cent or Mexican 20 centavos) inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread