New high w/new E-Trac

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
New E-Trac user and and finally 'whupped' my hunting buddy who is a Whites DFX swinger. It was a cold hunt (~35 degrees, breezy but no moisture) and we were in it for approx. 4-5 hrs. I plucked 5 silvers to his 3 silvers & 1 gold. I know, I know...gold > silver, but when I was swinging an ATP, I couldn't approach his numbers. After today's hunt, I had 3 sterling rings, 1 sterling pendant and a first...a '43 S Walking Liberty halve. He pulled 1 sterling ring, 1 14k ring, a sterling belt tip and a sterling pendant. Funny thing, both pendants and one of my rings were James Avery products. The half dollar was my 4th, but my first silver and a WL to boot!!! You can't tell from the pic (sorry camera/poor photographer) but it's in pretty good shape...I'd grade it F12 with only minor blemishes/normal wear. Here's the proof. Thanks for looking and HH.
120114.JPG

Upvote 5

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the St. Christopher , and I'd guess the other Avery is the "crown of thorns " ring . (He's fairly collectible ) Nice Finds !

OP
OP
monkeys uncle

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the St. Christopher , and I'd guess the other Avery is the "crown of thorns " ring . (He's fairly collectible ) Nice Finds !

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...YES, the 'other' Avery is the 'crown of thorns" ring in the middle. My hunting buddy, recovered an Avery pendant (don't know its name/ID but was a descending Dove).

Last edited:

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
E-trac is an awesome machine. I recently upgraded from an MXT Pro. So much more silver! Congrats on your finds.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs, all these etrac threads are killing me, I'm hoping for one to start the 2015 season

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, good luck with your new machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread