new hunter on the beach

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Hey yall.I just got started in the hobby of metal detecting after arrowhead hunting the last few years.I've been hunting the beaches here in ft.pierce and st.lucie and researching the 1715 fleet alot,not much luck yet on the coins,but i'm finding WWII ammo frequently.I was wanting to know if this is a regular thing here or if I'm having alot of beginners luck.Either way I'm really pleased with my finds and this hobby went straight to my blood.Very cool website too.I enjoy seeing everyones finds.Good luck,NATE

Attachments

• 100_0436.JPG
    100_0436.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

tb

Mar 24, 2005
Cool stuff. Careful w/ the old live ammo! I'm in VA so I can't help you out on your question, but it is a highly addictive hobby! Good luck hunting and keep us posted on your finds.

tb

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I too have found ammo on those beaches. They were used during WWII for amphibious landing and other military training. Very few people lived there. (must have been a ?beautiful place). Nice finds. A MDer I ?met who lives at Sandy Point found a bomb.
? ? ?http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryN1006BOMB.htm ?
I used a Whites coinmaster years ago but gave up the hobby. After last years hurricanes, I dug my old whites amphibian out of the closet and headed for treasure beach. Also learned to use the computer, digital camera, and learned to use this site.
I am now addicted again in my middle-age, and need a modern detector. There is no telling what I could have found. Welcome to the hobby and I will probably see you up there.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, and keep on hunting.

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome RLLC,

Kermit

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search on beach detecting, some guys have got beach detecting down to a science and share their experience. HH and enjoy, Mike

Blacksheep 6

Aug 10, 2005
Southeastern Sector
WELCOME ABOARD RM!

I too have developed a keen interest in the 1715 Fleet,and have been researching it about 2 months now. I hope to get down there in the next month or so and try my luck once the beach traffic dies down a bit. "Shipwrecks Near Wabasso Beach" by Robert Weller and Ernie Richards is a great quick-reference book as to the locations of these wrecks as well as directions to where to search on the beaches around there.

Good Hunting!

Blacksheep 6

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Welcome to the forum Nate! Looking forward to seeing all those finds down there! There are several people on the forum from your area, they should be a big help!

vicki

OP
OP
paleoheadhunter

paleoheadhunter

Sep 24, 2005
Thanks for the replies.I'm glad to have found this site and look forward to checking out all of your new finds.Good luck,NATE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread