New Info on F2

R

robert roy

I want to share this with you. Here is some new information about the F2;
A gentleman from another has one and posted this brief field report. It's very well organized.
I've heard some positive remarks from some other people as well.

Field Report on F2 By Andy from New Mexico.

I went to a lawn at a high school today and hunted a part of the lawn that i hunted before with many detectors using larger coils (8" and 11").
Today i thought i give the F2 with the 4" coil a try. It was to easy, just press the power button and adjust sensitivity to max and that was it.
The detector starts in All Metal Disc Mode (every target zone accepted).
Within an hour i found 23 coins (7 nickels) and one junk ring. This side is really full of aluminum trash and iron signals. I dug some nickels really close to other trash signals and it is easy to tell that you have found a nickel. Nickels read 30 to 33 (never 34). The newer pull tabs that read as nickels on most detectors read 33 and jumped to 34 or 35. Within a short time a was able to tell the difference and dug a few pull tabs just to confirm that. That can not be done with an Ace 250,because nickel and newer pull tabs fall in the same target zone (nickel).
The speed of the F2 combined with the 4" coil and the very stable target ID makes that detector the best I've used in trash. In All Metal it was very nice to see how good signals came in close to iron signals. Target separation is a very strong point of the F2. The ring i found was 5" deep and came in loud and clear. Coins in the ground at 6 inches shouldn't be a problem for that 4" coil combo.
Air tests depth of the F2 with 4" coil is the same as the F4 with the 4" coil. (7.5 inches on a US quarter). Now try your more expensive detector with a small coil like that and hope to match the depth.
Some companies have only 5.5" or 6" coils as the smallest coil available. Not good enough for some extreme trash.

No secret that this detector is targeted at the Ace 250. Now you want to know : " Is it better than the Ace ?"

Yes it is !

Here is why:

1. Faster than the Ace
2. Deeper than the Ace
3. Pinpointing is easier due to the 8" round coil
4. The F2 shafts have cam locks (not on the Ace)
5. Better target solution, 100 numbers vs 12 zones on the Ace
6.Headphone jack on the left side (right side on the Ace)
7. Lower price $199 vs 212 of the Ace
8. 4" coil and lower stem for free (i don't know how long that offer will last). The Ace 4.5 sniper coil is about $60 and a lower rod $15.
9. Better balance due to lighter coil
10. More stable at higher sensitivity settings
11. Large DD coil available (Helps in bad soil)

Better on the Ace 250 is:

1. 4 AA batteries vs two 9 volts on the F2.
2.Keeps the last settings. F2 resets to factory settings every time you turn it off.
3. Modes can be changed faster. F2 has only one mode that can be programmed.
4..Notch in or out all 12 target zones. F2 can only notch 5 target zones.

You guys know i liked that Ace 250 so much that i made the Ace 250 tips and tricks booklet for it. It is still a fine detector but the Fisher F2 pushed the value level a step further.

No doubt without the Ace 250 the F2 wouldn't be here today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread