New Jersey Alliance for Action.....Boy did I pick the right seat!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back from the NJ Alliance for Action Construction Forecast Seminar up in Trenton. Representatives from many state and local departments and organizations spoke about projects slated for 2009 & 2010. More than 250 companies attended.

Even with the dim economic outlook there are billions of dollars allotted for construction over the next two years, bringing many new jobs to the region.

An older gentleman sitting next to me was the Director of Marketing for a large materials supplier in South Jersey. After making small talk for a little while, he mentioned that he is also the president of one of the areas historic societies. We struck up a conversation about metal detecting, and I told him I would love to volunteer my services, with the stipulation that I would be able to photograph any of the finds before turning them over to the society. He also mentioned that being born and raised in the area he knows of many cellar holes and abandoned home sites. Needless to say I told him he is my new BFF, and will be in touch.

There is a word my grandmother used to use, Bashert (באַשערט), which means "destiny", or "meant to be". It is not the first time something like this has happened to me. :icon_sunny:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You Bashert!! lol

Good luck with that...I hope it turns into many new sites for you to detect with lots of great finds.

NJ

pro778

Jan 21, 2008
Forked River, Moorestown, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 E-TRAC
Sounds like that could be a great connection. That's also good news about the new project's. This is the worst I've seen since the 80's. I just had to lay off half of my employee's. Just wondering though, where's the money coming from?

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
pro778 said:
Sounds like that could be a great connection. That's also good news about the new project's. This is the worst I've seen since the 80's. I just had to lay off half of my employee's. Just wondering though, where's the money coming from?

Pro:

Much of this money was already allocated from federal, state and local taxes, but a lot of the money also comes from the private sector as well. Visit the website at http://www.allianceforaction.com/index.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread