zzz.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 776

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jeff. I'm not too far from the Highlands. The posted picture is too small for my eyes...boy I feel like I'm getting old...so I printed and will read it later.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
size increased

busterbrown

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
New Jersey South
Detector(s) used
Cobra
hey, just seen your post, done some research, according to the british archives there was several ships with that name, accordly if the british records are correct, no such vessel named HMS Looe ever been to the usa.

one was shipwreck oversea, one outlived it use and still in england some where and the last one was in the sunk off the coast of the florida coast. now i know what u are thinking, the one off the florida cost could of been here, i thought same thing, but this vessel sunk before supposed landing in the highlands. i have the dates on record for all these vessels. the british record only list these 3 vessels from the 1600's to 1799 year dates.

so my next step is find a ship with similar name, if there was any ship by the british there. there is a record of dutch ship there.

also the coins that the locals found were supposedly english and portuguese. i find it hard to believed that it was pirate treasure simply because blackbeard was already hung, so it wasn't him, capt kidd, no because it wasn't really a pirate and fact show he was framed

so where does that leave us, research dutch ships and maybe british ships if they were really there.

i believe these to be the facts:

it could of been stolen cache, hidden by local for safe keeping, maybe pirate, but most unlikely since the cache isn't big enough, maybe a ship went aground and while crew was abandoning ship it was lost, there are so many reason other than what most people want to believe

like to here from others
joe

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
any way on that note. I will look this up I have found many things to be said is false to be true. and so forth. sounds to be a good lead thanks. I have to get out the old snag book and see what I have in that area.

busterbrown

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
New Jersey South
Detector(s) used
Cobra
don't waste your time, i already did the research and 3 years, this is the story, looe was wreck off florida and found, another one was lost i think it was off india, and the 3rd was turned into a barge in london. british records. there was never any british vessel by that name here, however, i believed looe could be dutch or swedish, because the settlements there. now, there were coins found near there and they were dutch and spanish. several years ago divers near there or at there, could not find anything but there was evidence some where in that area there was a wreck. but no attempts were made.
so now u have the story.

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was down in the highlands last week Cedar Street beach is private property and beach is mostly eroded

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread