bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I've got some catching up to do. I'll probably be posting a couple more threads after this (sorry). But for now here is the result of cleaning up a pretty much dug out dump. This dump is on the side of a hill where they would dump off a rock ledge. I figured out that a lot of the goodies collected directly under the ledge and so I was cleaning up that area and got this great local Hutchinson that I don't have. It's got real sharp embossing and a cool monogram. DSCF0126.JPG

Also, I tried my luck in an area of the dump on a different part of the hill away from the ledge and unfortunately they seem to have dumped rocks ALL ON TOP OF THE OLDEST PART OF THE DUMP!!! Broken blob and hutch galore, very sad indeed. I did come across a very interesting shard, though. Feeling very disappointed about all the awesome brokens, I would examine each and try to see if I could identify them. I came across this shard and thought the embossing of JUAN to be odd, and since it was a hutch shard I figured I could look it up in the directory to satisfy my curiosity. Turns out the shard was indeed embossed SAN JUAN for Puerto Rico! Whether the bottle ever made it there or was simply surplus from the manufacturer I don't think we'll ever know, but cool anyway! I've attached a picture of a whole example. DSCF0132.JPG PR0019 Puerto rico hutch.jpg

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops also don't wanna forget the stuff I got a trip before from the same dump: A big local spring water bottle, two R.R. Radway's meds, a weird cologne looking bottle, a local druggist I didn't have, and a cryer slug plate flask I glued together. That's my third broken local slug plate flask, I'll get one some day (I hope)!
DSCF0113.JPG DSCF0114.JPG DSCF0115.JPG DSCF0118.JPG

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done! I love the overlapping/dripping going on near the top of that awesome hutch. The rest of the stuff is good too, can't wait to see some more!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st hutch is pretty nice. That's a good find.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hutches are so underrated. I love finding them. I like to cruise through hutch book and see what I can get. The fact you found a Puerto Rican hutch means anything is possible I guess! I found out the other day there's a Pepsi-Cola hutch in Pensacola Florida(could be wrong on the city). That would be a great find. A Coca-Cola hutch and a pepsicola hutch would be dream finds.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hutches are so underrated. I love finding them. I like to cruise through hutch book and see what I can get. The fact you found a Puerto Rican hutch means anything is possible I guess! I found out the other day there's a Pepsi-Cola hutch in Pensacola Florida(could be wrong on the city). That would be a great find. A Coca-Cola hutch and a pepsicola hutch would be dream finds.

For certain, I love em! And these bottles sometimes did some traveling, you never know. I've also done some looking on hutchbook and I'm thinking of trying to find some dumps north of me where they made some colored hutches. I'd love to find an embossed Amber one!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Great finds bottlehunter. Those rocky hillside dumps do have pockets of unbroken stuff. I'm so jealous of your hutches. They aren't very common in central Mass. Keep us posted on your finds.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds.
dts

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For certain, I love em! And these bottles sometimes did some traveling, you never know. I've also done some looking on hutchbook and I'm thinking of trying to find some dumps north of me where they made some colored hutches. I'd love to find an embossed Amber one!

I dig Troy bottles often and there's a hutch listed from Troy that's cobalt blue(R). Never even seen a picture of it. That would be insane to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions