New LRL gold rush?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... But yeah I could see it now, all of us showing our finds from that group hunt and sharing where it was. Be a mad house of trespassing night stalkers,...

MD'rs seem to routinely post their show & tell. Sometimes even valuable objects. A quick look down the pages @ "Today's find" and "best finds" sections, will show that there is no shortage of md'rs posting their bragging rights, stories , etc... Even some mighty valuable objects (caches, etc...) from time to time.

So why isn't it the same from folks using the unconventional means ? If md'rs don't seem to "fear the IRS" and aren't worried that "thieves will target them", then why isn't the same for other TH'ing methods ?

OP
OP
A

audreamer

Greenie
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
MD'rs seem to routinely post their show & tell. Sometimes even valuable objects. A quick look down the pages @ "Today's find" and "best finds" sections, will show that there is no shortage of md'rs posting their bragging rights, stories , etc... Even some mighty valuable objects (caches, etc...) from time to time.

So why isn't it the same from folks using the unconventional means ? If md'rs don't seem to "fear the IRS" and aren't worried that "thieves will target them", then why isn't the same for other TH'ing methods ?

I always thought it could be that the folks having success with their LRLs want to keep the fact that they work top secret for as long as possible. The greed factor that all of us suffer from, from time to time. But giving it more thought, there can't be that many closed lipped folks out there. Still... Who knows? Fitzgerald has a big flashy gold bar up on his website that he claims was found as part of a much larger cache. But he's had that same photo up there for what must be well over a year now. If his tech actually worked it seems like he'd have all kinds of photos up there if he wanted to sell more units. But then again, photos are just photos. Far from concrete proof.

Makes you wonder sometimes though. Are we missing the gravy train? :icon_scratch::dontknow::laughing7:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

Man you keep using that really bad word. IRS, that is like saying Bloody Mary for adults. In fact IRS should be in the Tnet word filter that gets blocked every time it is mentioned.

Guess folks who post finds that are vastly related to historic value would not be worried much compared to someone who goes out and does a 50-300 gram gold day.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I won't say they don't find anything since their have been a lot of people who sent Spar pictures and details of what they've found with my rods but of course the stories also involved a metal detector which in most cases which gets left out of the reviews. But if you talk to a lot of them they aren't just scared of the IRS. They're terrified of government conspiracies against them, their phones and computers are tapped, spy satellites are tracking them and not to mention the aliens. Just in the local dowsing club I get stories of black helicopters and the UN quite often. One guy only lives two blocks from me and amazingly enough I've managed to miss all these events every time.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still... Who knows? Fitzgerald has a big flashy gold bar up on his website that he claims was found as part of a much larger cache. But he's had that same photo up there for what must be well over a year now. If his tech actually worked it seems like he'd have all kinds of photos up there if he wanted to sell more units. But then again, photos are just photos. Far from concrete proof.

I think it's more like 10-15 years. I once asked Tony Wells about the gold bar, as I recall it's real but was part of a water recovery that was found by accident. Had nothing to do with LRLs or Fitz. And, you'll notice that Fitz makes no claim as such, that's not an accident. Back in the day Claude Cochran had a web site full of treasure recoveries, not a single one due to him or his equipment.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... Guess folks who post finds that are vastly related to historic value would not be worried much compared to someone who goes out and does a 50-300 gram gold day.

This still defies logic. Oh sure, I can understand a few "conspiracy" theory type persons, who keep mum about their finds. D/t fears of Govt., taxes, claim-jumpers, etc.... HOWEVER : I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if an md'r went out and found 50 to 300 gram gold in a day (a cache, a giant nugget, etc...), that they'd be doing show & tell with it.

And if you go back through the history of T'net's show-section: You'll see some very valuable stuff. Even some caches. Ok, why aren't all those guys afraid of the same supposed imminent fears ?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This still defies logic. Oh sure, I can understand a few "conspiracy" theory type persons, who keep mum about their finds. D/t fears of Govt., taxes, claim-jumpers, etc.... HOWEVER : I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if an md'r went out and found 50 to 300 gram gold in a day (a cache, a giant nugget, etc...), that they'd be doing show & tell with it.

And if you go back through the history of T'net's show-section: You'll see some very valuable stuff. Even some caches. Ok, why aren't all those guys afraid of the same supposed imminent fears ?

No idea why.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-best-finds/595599-biggest-nugget-so-far-miners-buckle.html

Funny, right after you mentioned this another user posted an old find of a very nice nugget. Check it out.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also see photos of Fitz standing next to heavy machinery supposedly in the Philippines operating a large cache. Man I don't know. The thing is, if he's telling the truth then he must be a really selfless guy. I know that if it were me, I would not be trying to sell the units to anyone. The technology would be a very closely guarded family secret. We're talking Game of Thrones stuff. I'd say to my children "We shall build a dynasty that will last 10,000 years."

Just think of the advantage you'd have over the competition. There's a lot of treasure out there but one day the last of it will be recovered.

The only photo I see on his web site of a guy next to heavy equipment... ain't Bob. He's a big fat guy. I have a pic of him somewhere but can't find it.

Fitz is making money with LRLs the only way you can make money with LRLs. And that ain't by finding treasure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct. Sure. And I'm certain that the IRS is going to come knocking on his door any minute now, right ? And thieves are going to line up to target his home now, right ?

Sure if you want to totally blow it all out of proportion and attempt to apply that to one nugget. If that gets you through day, then its your thing and your words.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Sure if you want to totally blow it all out of proportion and attempt to apply that to one nugget. ...

Odd-jobs, THAT'S EXACTLY MY POINT ! No one is going to come "knocking on those people's doors" . That's the point of the "jest" I was trying to make. To illustrate that ... this lame excuse rolled out, as to why there is no "proof forthcoming" (ie.: show & tell finds) from those using un-conventional means, that it is not standing up to logical scrutiny. It is an excuse that, as you say, is "out of proportion".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions