dennis 5

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2014
clements ca
Detector(s) used
tesero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my new Fors gold +, came yesterday, got it all assembled been reading the manual over and over again. Will wait a few before I try it out, let the water subside and dry up some if possible. The new machine reminds me of going from radio to tv, with all the features, my old Lobo has been a GREAT machine, first time I swung it in my old back yard, found a gold ring, having read always to swing back over the dug hole I did and found a silver ring honestly I turned it on took a swing and there it was. , I thought how easy is this, years have shown that its a wee bit tougher. I have been wanting a new machine with some new bells and whistles, some thing I can share with the wife. Am happy with the look and feel will be interesting to see how the screen and read outs play together. Thanks for listening excited. :hello2:

Upvote 0

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool and congrats...Good luck :occasion14:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope it works out for you. Sounds like they are great machines.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck with your new piece of electronic fun!

All the best,

Lanny

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your example of finding the gold & silver rings with your first few swings in "your own backyard" is something to think about when "out there". Stuff is where you find it because that is where it is, how it got there makes no difference and at times it is amazing that stuff gets where it does so check the spot('s) your mind does not think is worthwhile checking. (I think Lanny called it prospecting snobbery) Have fun and success with the new toy, er, machine..........................63bkpkr

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome!
Now go find the good stuff and report back with some pictures. :)

I have really enjoyed using the FORS Gold, the features make it very easy to use.
The Plus is even better at getting that tiny gold than the original Gold.

Take and good luck out there. :)

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your example of finding the gold & silver rings with your first few swings in "your own backyard" is something to think about when "out there". Stuff is where you find it because that is where it is, how it got there makes no difference and at times it is amazing that stuff gets where it does so check the spot('s) your mind does not think is worthwhile checking. (I think Lanny called it prospecting snobbery) Have fun and success with the new toy, er, machine..........................63bkpkr

So true! Yet one of my first outings when I first got my gb2 showed me it doesn't hurt to go for where you think something could be and it actually paid off. I was eager to use it asap, I decided to check out the local park near my house and play around with it to get to know how it behaved. The park has a few baseball diamonds and I thought the areas between the outfield positions might be good because I could picture players diving or sliding for balls hit there causing the loss of jewellery and such. Low and behold my very first target in that area was a 14k gold pendant that had broke free from the chain. Probably ended up there exactly how I was thinking it could. Then recently on a trip detecting on a claim I found nothing in the areas I thought to look, yet ended up finding a gold ring on the trail when I was heading back just casually swinging as I walked.. I guess you never know but sometimes your instinct can pay off.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions