New MD Today

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i finally decided to get another MD. I picked up the BH Tracker IV. I'm not a high end user and really can't afford a $300 and up MD so i chose to go with this one since i have seen more good reviews than bad. I also pulled my old Garrett Groundhog down from the attic today. I plan to have it inspected and repaired if needed and use it as well. I've been away from this hobby for 10+ years and finally decided to get back into it. I have a good friend at work who shares the same interest so we will be spending our weekends looking for treasure.

Anyone have any thoughts on this Garrett GH I have? It is worth spending money on to get repaired?

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Some of my best finds were with my old BH. One thing I can't imagine not using now is headphones. I had to put several layers of duct tape over the speaker of the old BH. I'm surprised I never got ran out of parks when I used to hunt them, even with the speaker covered you could probably hear the beeps a quarter mile away! HH!!

OP
OP
P47RCFlyer

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I picked a nice pair of SONY headphones today from wally world. I have assembled my digging kit and tomorrow will be my first hunt in over 10 years. My friend from work and i have scoped out a couple old homesites, the high school stadium bleachers, city park and who knows where else. Regardless, i hope we have a good day. I'm trying not to get my hopes very high on finds, LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread