Dazed

Mar 2, 2012
Grain Valley, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the welcomes.

I have had an old Radio Shack MD for a couple of years. I bought an Ace350 before Christmas and have had fun with it so far. I live on 3.5 acres and have been detecting there and a few local parks. So far I haven't had much luck. I've found about $1 in change, a screw driver and about 20lbs of junk. The oldest coin is a 1963 penny. That isn't old that's the year I was born.

Any tips on getting better results? I have it set to coins and still dig junk. I have the DD coil that came with my MD and have purchased a 4.5 sniper coil and a Pro-Pointer.

Enjoying the hobby so far, just need to get better at it. I guess that is something I need to learn.

Dave

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
What part of town do you live in? I try to hit small parks as they don't have as much can slaw to deal with. The weather is breaking so a person can get out. Besides KC I want to hit Buckner this year. I know of a couple of small parks north of KC that are on my list as well. Send me a PM if you want to set something up.

JDS

Dougshause1

Feb 20, 2012
Virginia Beach,VA.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:wave: I am no expert only a little over 8 mths. of experience. This I do know. #1. Read the instruction manual for your machine over and over. #2. Read Tnet and ask questions. #3. Check out sites like this on the internet(very helpful). Click on this Metal Detecting World - Site Map HH...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread