New member here

sandyis

Oct 3, 2013
MArtell, CA
Detector(s) used
ace 250 pro pack, Garrett AT Pro pack w/ 5x8' coil, vibra-quatic 2 underwater hand held detector, Jobe 45" yellow jacket sluice, Blue bowl concentrate extractor and a few other toys.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started detecting in 2010 then had some medical issues in both shoulders.
Two weeks ago I saw some one in my neighborhood whites told him I had a DFX.
But after a few digs my shoulders began to bother me again.
If I took the meds the Docs want me to take you would have to prop me up in the corner and watch me drool. So I just take enough to function.
Decided the DFX was to heavy killed me to use for more than a hour. So I decided to sort this out.
I got a Garrett AT PRO w/ 5X8" coil Adventure pack. Dam this machine is light and after us'n the DFX pretty easy to use.
After hunting today in old hunted out places, I got 5 good hours of use. My first Indian head, two Wheaties in my yard I seem to never find with the DFX and a good handful of clad.
The best part is that my body is not toast. And the fun in the hobby seems to be back and I never have to leave my neighborhood, its a old neighborhood late 1600's to present. I live less than a 1/2 mile to Reeds ferry and 5 miles from Mathew Thornton's Ferry. I live at a 1812 house and can't wait til next year to do the Merrimack river down the road.
Ah well Wanted to say hello, the bug is back!
Sandy K
Garret Ace 250
Garrett AT PRO
White DFX
older white coin shooter...
Smile

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from florida.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!!

images.jpg

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy, welcome back and welcome aboard. Take a look the the minelab pro swing 45. I use one because both my rotator cuffs are destroyed and i have five bad disks in my back. The harness helps me out big time.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello from the Alamo City. Wow, you live in a really historical area. Just have fun, treasure will come...

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Louisiana......

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! And as gerryk said, get a sling for that DFX. If you get one adjusted just right, it takes virtually all the weight off the detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread